22 [61.11%]
14 [38.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From Sience to Somewhere vs Hybris
    Posted: April 14 2020 at 13:21
Hybris +1
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 12:23
Hybrid by a hair.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 09:52
From Sience To Somewhere 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 14:12
Hybris easily and I'm quite surprised by Wobbler winning here by a lot. I expected a closer poll.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 18:47
Wobbler because of Foxlight.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 07:22
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I think a more interesting match up(and possibly more fair)would be All Traps on Earth vs Wobbler. If that has been done before then I haven't seen it.

Yeah that one happened recently, think wobbler won 20-1

It looks like it was done as Norway vs Sweden. Not quite the slaughter you said but close. http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=120533

Must have misremembered
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 06:54
All Traps on Earth clearly over both of these... can't decide here, not an all too big fan of either. All good music though, I mean if any of this would be played at a random pub, I'd be delighted.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2019 at 01:22

I think a more interesting match up(and possibly more fair)would be All Traps on Earth vs Wobbler. If that has been done before then I haven't seen it.

It looks like it was done as Norway vs Sweden. Not quite the slaughter you said but close. http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=120533

completely missed that one. I have now voted to make it a tiny bit closer at least!
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 22:32

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 22:24

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 16:22
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 05:46
Anglagard are musically excellent but it's just too close to classical for me. I need more electric guitar. Wobbler gets the nod on this one
Songs cast a light on you
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 02:22
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I did wonder if the vocals on Hybris are a problem for some. I really like them and adds another dimension for me.

I don't have a problem with the vocals, though I don't understand the language.

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Viljans Oga was just very average and showed zero progression in all that time imo.

Viljans Oga took a few listens for me to appreciate. But after many more listens, I realised that I like it better than Hybris. However, I've so far not been able to get into Epilog.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 01:43
This isn't even a match-up (or shouldn't, despite the weird results)

Without HybrisHug, no WobblerGeek (or Sinkadus FTM), that's for sure....Wink

And I really don't see what the hoopla is about them and that album precisely (got rid of it)

BTW, I happen to think the vocals in Hybris (I've even had them translated and stuck them in the booklet) are what makes it better than Epilog or Ogans.

Edited by Sean Trane - September 14 2019 at 01:46
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 00:43
As suggested I think a lot of people are voting for Wobbler but don't really know Hybris although I appreciate the comments of those that have justified their position and all opinions are valid of course. 
Hybris will always be a special album for me and it provides a gateway to a mystical (mythical even?) Scandinavian world that has been much explored in modern TV shows. Wobbler are just incredibly well executed retro prog but nothing 'special' imho.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2019 at 17:11

Is it possible that some people are voting for Wobbler who haven't even heard the Anglagard album? It sure seems that way to me. Aside from Yes, Genesis, KC etc I can't see any younger band beating them but maybe I've been living under a rock.

It could be the other way around too. I personally think Wobbler is better but I think it’s a fair matchup
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2019 at 15:17
After a dozen spins, I haven't been able to like "From Silence to Somewhere". Believe me, I have tried but the album puts me to sleep half the time. The other half I am simply too bored to care about it
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2019 at 13:13
I thought Hybris was supposed to be a legendary album capable to standing proudly among the greats of the 70's. I can't imagine Wobbler achieving that (as much as I like their album).
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2019 at 10:55
Is it possible that some people are voting for Wobbler who haven't even heard the Anglagard album? It sure seems that way to me. Aside from Yes, Genesis, KC etc I can't see any younger band beating them but maybe I've been living under a rock.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2019 at 08:57
I feel like Hybris has a lot of great stuff, but the songs just feel like moving from one idea to another. Wobbler actually has the songs. Some of the slower parts of Hybris like on kung bore bring it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>