Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VdGG in 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucka001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VdGG in 2020
    Posted: September 24 2019 at 03:14
VdGG in 2020

May
3 Queens Hall Edinburgh
4 Bridgewater Hall Manchester
5 Symphony Hall Birmingham
7 The Forum Bath
8 London Palladium
jc
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2019 at 07:02
May 6th Royal Festival Hall in London would have been nice as 15th anniversary of the reunion concert in 2005

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2019 at 07:56
They can't stop, can they? I thought "Do Not Disturb" was some kind of goodbye... I also thought putting together a new album is maybe easier at the age of 70+ than touring, so this raises some hope that there even will be another album!?
Gotta think it over, I may just decide to return to the UK on that occasion, assuming they still accept non British EU citizens in their country. Wink
NutterAlert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NutterAlert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2019 at 08:08
At last, in this post truth, bolloxed up world, SOME GOOD NEWS
Proud to be an un-banned member since 2005
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2019 at 13:51
I wont be at any of those, but good to see them still going forward. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2019 at 07:41
Hi,

It's a shame that the world in the West Coast in America will never get to see a PH or VdGG ... ever again. And I'm not sure that they can garner enough fans to have a decent show in this side of the country and be appreciated, instead of 74 fans showing up at a bar in Portland, and PH have to spend the night in someone's couch, because a hotel, or whoever is driving, is tired and needs a rest!

Gawdddd, sounds like a PH song already! But yeah, I'm resigned to never see one of my favorite musicians and poets in my life. The one that "mattered" to me. And I will shed my tears when the time comes, and post a poem or two ... as the only thing I can do. Shed another tear ... ohhh, I forgot ... tears in the rain ... gone forever in the ocean of life!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
bucka001 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucka001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2019 at 12:37
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

It's a shame that the world in the West Coast in America will never get to see a PH or VdGG ... ever again. And I'm not sure that they can garner enough fans to have a decent show in this side of the country and be appreciated, instead of 74 fans showing up at a bar in Portland, and PH have to spend the night in someone's couch, because a hotel, or whoever is driving, is tired and needs a rest!

Gawdddd, sounds like a PH song already! But yeah, I'm resigned to never see one of my favorite musicians and poets in my life. The one that "mattered" to me. And I will shed my tears when the time comes, and post a poem or two ... as the only thing I can do. Shed another tear ... ohhh, I forgot ... tears in the rain ... gone forever in the ocean of life!

Well... he's always drawn pretty well on the west coast (especially L.A.) and the guy is well off enough to stay in really nice hotels. In Chicago, he stayed at the Belden Stratford during a solo stop in 2008 -- very ritzy. Unlike some other old timers (i.e. Nik Turner), he's not the kind of person who'd do a tour / gig where he's sleeping on someone's couch, etc (I actually chuckled a bit at the thought!)

Edited by bucka001 - September 26 2019 at 12:38
jc
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2019 at 06:42
Originally posted by bucka001 bucka001 wrote:

Well... he's always drawn pretty well on the west coast (especially L.A.) and the guy is well off enough to stay in really nice hotels. In Chicago, he stayed at the Belden Stratford during a solo stop in 2008 -- very ritzy. Unlike some other old timers (i.e. Nik Turner), he's not the kind of person who'd do a tour / gig where he's sleeping on someone's couch, etc (I actually chuckled a bit at the thought!)

There have been a few people ... and Patrick Moraz came to mind, that did this and basically, even played on people's homes on their piano. It's a nice concept and if I had the money I would probably pay for the band to come over for a concert in my living room, and and pay them more than they ever got on a concert, not to mention first class accommodations and the like on the trip!

Alas ... I can't do stuff like that ... but I would in a heartbeat ... and VdGG would not be the only one.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
awaken_yesfan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaken_yesfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2019 at 13:58
I'm going to 2020 gig in Poland. got a ticket.
love them since my university years.  In 2005 I was on reunion concert in Moscow, and it really was one of the best moments of my life. I was so excited, singing with the band my favorite songs. Undercover man, Childlike Faith , Man-Erg, Sleepwalkers and some other.  Killer was an encore. 
afaik they planned to play the whole Plague Of Lighthouse Keepers in 2020 (maybe a bit shortened). 
Now without saxophone, don't know how it would sound. Looks like Peter must play more electric guitar parts to fill the space.  

Edited by awaken_yesfan - November 05 2019 at 14:05
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2019 at 00:36
Got my ticket for Bath. Quite excited!
claudio_araya View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claudio_araya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 07:11
planeando ir a Birmingham, Bath & London, en un periplo épico desde Chile_SudAmerica... 

espero salga todo ok...
earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo / PSIKE / Heavy Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 10:02
Can't wait seeing them in Denmark at Vega on May 22 Big smile

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 12:29
May 26th & 27th in Helsinki, I got ticket into 26th!
Foxprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 03:45
Originally posted by awaken_yesfan awaken_yesfan wrote:

I'm going to 2020 gig in Poland. got a ticket.
love them since my university years.  In 2005 I was on reunion concert in Moscow, and it really was one of the best moments of my life. I was so excited, singing with the band my favorite songs. Undercover man, Childlike Faith , Man-Erg, Sleepwalkers and some other.  Killer was an encore. 
afaik they planned to play the whole Plague Of Lighthouse Keepers in 2020 (maybe a bit shortened). 
Now without saxophone, don't know how it would sound. Looks like Peter must play more electric guitar parts to fill the space.  

Where did you read about the "Plague"? That would be amazing...
Aroid View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2020 at 13:59
April 23, Amsterdam. Do not particularly like Amsterdam but hey, seeing them in Paradiso again, no way I could resist,

Aroid
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2020 at 16:02
 I got the tickets for April 9th, Milano, Italy....

But... I dont know if there will be the concert.... (Covid-19)...
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Grubert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 02:35
Not surprisingly all VdGG concerts in March and April are now cancelled, and it is according to PH pretty likely that the May dates will follow soon.

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 02:04
Sad but inevitable. I have a ticket for Bath Forum in May but not expecting it to be on.

Edited by richardh - March 21 2020 at 02:05
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 09:44
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Sad but inevitable. I have a ticket for Bath Forum in May but not expecting it to be on.

Hi,

I'm still hoping that some countries have the ability to control these things better than the others ... England would be one of them, but the crowd thing, might still not be allowed for a while longer.

So sad to see this ... I would love to see him and have the chance, but PDX and West Coast is not gonna get him!

Edited by moshkito - March 23 2020 at 09:44
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 01:30
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Hi,

I'm still hoping that some countries have the ability to control these things better than the others ... England would be one of them, but the crowd thing, might still not be allowed for a while longer.

So sad to see this ... I would love to see him and have the chance, but PDX and West Coast is not gonna get him!

I hope to see them in the future ( God willing)  . The tickets are valid for future gigs and it would be great to go and see them when the whole vibe is more positive (ie free of COVID bloody 19). The UK is not coping any better  and we are on exactly the same trajectory as Italy with the numbers. The lock down is not being taken seriously enough imo and I had to get angry with my Dad for going out and getting papers. Given his age 84 and general health he won't survive this if he gets it.

Edited by richardh - March 26 2020 at 01:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>