Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Klone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porcupineapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Klone
    Posted: September 27 2019 at 00:39
I was surprised to see Klone is not added yet. I understand their roots are not 100% prog, however their album Here comes the sun has put them on the prog path for sure, and now their new release, La grand voyage, is straight up prog! The fact that they have just been signed by the renowned prog label, Kscope, should serve as proof, too.

I would definitely put them in the progressive metal genre, although with their last two albums they definitely starting replacing part of their metal sound with some more melodic, Anathema/Steven Wilson sounding influences (not sure what other subgenre this would put them into). They hail from France.

Description:

In 2010, Klone released their fourth album, “Black Days”, dark and powerful. 5 years later, “Here Comes The Sun”, the seventh production by the combo from Poitiers, shows a radiant band whose music has soared as much as it has grown.

When you look closely at their discography, it’s a logical evolution: each Klone’ album is unique, each one less predictable than its predecessor. Their metal roots may have given way to an ethereal rock but the intensity of their songs, led by the voice of Yann Ligner, stays the same.

From gigs to tours throughout Europe, Klone have opened for bands such as Gojira, King’s X and Orphaned Land and have stood on the main-stage of the Hellfest.

After releasing the sublime “The Dreamer’s Hideaway” in 2012, with more progressive outlines, the six musicians today offer a new journey, more captivating and meditative than ever. In “Here Comes the Sun”, Klone give each melody time to unfold. The music, the lyrics and the artwork echo each other and lead the listener to a peculiar universe where the sun is the central theme. “Here Comes The Sun” gives a whole new dimension to what Klone have offered before. It’s an album tinged with the lingering shadows of Steven Wilson, Anathema or Pink Floyd.

Link: klonosphere.com/klone/

Thank you for adding them!
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2019 at 01:56
album Here Comes The Sun on bandcamp

they have been rejected 9 years ago, but there was a lot goin' on since then ...
noted

Porcupineapple View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porcupineapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2019 at 00:39
Any news on this one? Where can I keep an eye on what the decision makers of the site decide? :)
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2019 at 01:54
Excellent band ! I ordered the new album a few weeks ago.
For people who understand French language, they are on the site Passion Progressive:
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2019 at 02:27
Klone, live at Hellfest 2019 ! Clap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDw7qqrxJd8

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2019 at 13:57

Strange: Cleared but not added then rediscussed and finally rejected. 

Klone

DateUserChartAction
9yCCVPMetal (CCVP)
9ybonnekMetal-> Rejected
9yCCVPMetal (CCVP)
9yRune2000Metal (Rune2000)
9ybonnekMetal-> New
9ybonnekMetal (bonnek)
9ybonnekMetal-> Discuss
9ybonnekMetal-> Move
9ybonnekMetal (bonnek)
10yJ-ManMetal-> Cleared
10yJ-ManMetal (J-Man)
11yTheProgtologistMetal (TheProgtologist)
11yUMURMetal (UMUR)
11yUMURMetal (UMUR)
11yUMURMetal (UMUR)
11yThe TMetal (The T)
11yUMURMetal-> New

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porcupineapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2019 at 16:37
Any explanation please on why it was rejected?

Bands that are much less prog than the „new Klone” have been added without hesitation, so I’m finding it difficult to accept it...

Are the admins who rejected it fully familiar with their last three cds?
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2019 at 09:27
Not my field, but the "9y" left to the votes means 9 years ago. If there's at least one telease more recent, they can be rediscussed.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porcupineapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2019 at 00:04
Well yes there are loads of more recent prog releases of theirs :)

I was under the impression though that the decision to reject them is a recent one? Or are you saying that this has not been looked at by the admins at all since my September post?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2019 at 00:57
Klone - Le Grand Voyage (France).
Number 1 of my top albums 2019. Wink 
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2019 at 03:02
As far as I remember the original team that I was a part of approved the inclusion of Klone, but most of us stopped on the team shortly after, and apparently the new team then rejected Klone. Too bad as they are a great band, and IMO belongs here. A re-evaluation by the current team could maybe be a fair solution given the odd circumstances of the approval/rejection process?

I´ll send the thread link to the prog metal team.

If Klone is rejected Again for inclusion it´s always possible to go to Prog Archives sister site Metal Music Archives and review the releases: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/klone/?ac=klone

Edited by UMUR - December 28 2019 at 03:05
Bonnek View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2020 at 03:56

Wow 10 years ago, that was when 100 bands were waiting addition and hundreds more were in the cue for evaluation. We made a clean slate and sort of re-processed everything.
Yes i was still young and brash back then, not even 40 yet Shocked

As what happened to one individual band of the hundreds I don't remember but for sure decision was based on material released up to 2010, nothing since...

So we can re-evaluate based on the albums since 2010, especially since the OP mentions their 'proggyness' increased since 2012.

Edited by Bonnek - January 05 2020 at 04:00
 Post Reply Post Reply