Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dark Side of the Moon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2019 at 13:04
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

^Harper sounds like a powerful version of Roger Waters? Is that a good thing?

Let's be real. Harper sounds like a better  version of Roger Waters.

Yep.....better is correct and personally I have never thought much of Water's vocals.
A resounding yep!
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2019 at 16:32
Pink Floyd fans might enjoy this cover version of "Comfortably Numb" by Mostly Autumn.

FloydianPinkRose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FloydianPinkRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2019 at 16:08
Psychedelic Paul, Wow! You have done it again! Since I selected my username because I have a deep love for this iconic band, I read this titles blog very carefully. It was by all means a tribute to them by our friend Psychedelic Paul. Thanks, Paul. You are no RELIC, you have a fresh perspective on creating a memorable story that will linger in our minds about Pink Floyd. Your song titles blog goes on like an ENDLESS RIVER of sweet memories about the band members. Your blogs really SPEAK TO ME, Paul...I'll keep reading as long as you keep writing. I can't REMEMBER A DAY when I thought your blogs were boring..no they are so interesting. So, SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND!!! and keep coming up with more wonderful blogs. Your fans await you!! Keep em' coming! Thanks, FloydianPinkRose
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2019 at 10:47
Thank You FloydianPinkRose. Your kind words mean MORE to me than A SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS and you deserve a "MEDDLE" for putting so much effort into your reply.  Your generous praise leaves me speechless and all I can say is "UMMAGUMMA". Tongue I WISH YOU WERE HERE with me in England to make my heart PULSE with passion for you, my ATOM HEART MOTHER. In A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON, I might be tempted to fly out to The States before THE DIVISION BELL tolls and THE PIPER AT THE GATES OF DAWN plays his final tune. It's reassuring to know I've made THE FINAL CUT with you and you don't consider me to be one of life's old RELICS. Without the wonders of the Internet to break down THE WALL between us, you'd be constantly  OBSCURED BY CLOUDS and be as seemingly remote as THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
I can hear the DELICATE SOUND OF THUNDER outside and the ANIMALS are heading for cover. It's getting late here in England in THE ENDLESS RIVER of time, so it's time for me to go now. Ciao. Heart

All 18 album titles in HIGHLIGHTS by Pink Floyd

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 06 2019 at 10:01
The Shrubbery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Shrubbery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 08:59
This is one of those albums that has just been played so often that I have actually lost touch with it. It just doesn't do it for me as much as Animals or WYWH. Even the Wall which I have listened to, to the point of it losing its impact still gets to me more than Dark Side.
Let's make Prog a family again. Tired of Snobbery and trolling. We all have a right to love what and who we love so lets respect and appreciate all who care about the finest music in the world... prog
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:14
I just wanted to share this incredible video for the opening to The Endless River album.....

FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:15
Yeah...
Wish You Were Here is better...
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:18
Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

Yeah...
This is my Pink Floyd Top 7.....

1. The Division Bell
2. The Dark Side of the Moon
3. Wish You Were Here
4. The Endless River
5. A Momentary Lapse of Reason
6. The Wall
7. Atom Heart Mother
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:21
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

Yeah...
This is my Pink Floyd Top 7.....

1. The Division Bell
2. The Dark Side of the Moon
3. Wish You Were Here
4. The Endless River
5. A Momentary Lapse of Reason
6. The Wall
7. Atom Heart Mother
At least it's in the top 3. 
The Division Bell at no. 1?! And I thought I was weird for liking Duke!!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:27
^ I love all of the songs on The Division Bell album with this song being a particular favourite of mine. I have High Hopes that you'll like the song and video too....

A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:29

^ I love all of the songs on The Division Bell album with this song being a particular favourite of mine. I have High Hopes that you'll like the song and video too....

This and 'Wearing the Inside Out' are a bliss for me.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:33
^Nice! I like the guitars drifting down the stream!!!
Oh, and it's a good song too. It is a good album in general, I've barely listened to it though. Perhaps I should listen some more.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:34

who do you post these videos for? how many times do you need to be told not to post videos of famous songs? 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:38
^I hadn't heard that song in ages, it was useful - and useful to those who have not heard it yet.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 06:34
Tony Yay has created some superb YouTube videos for Pink Floyd's songs, including the opening song from A Momentary Lapse of Reason.....

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 24 2020 at 07:39
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 07:11

Tony Yay has created some superb YouTube videos for Pink Floyd's songs, including the opening song from A Momentary Lapse of Reason.....

On the Turning away is not the opening song on AMLOR. Confused
you can't make posts like that when you have information everywhere... 

also, are you spiting me? Stop posting videos of famous songs and bands, we've all heard them a thousand times. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 07:59
I've heard rumor that it was a good album.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 02:45
Just one More song. An extended version of my favourite song from one of the two underrated Pink Floyd soundtrack albums.....

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 04:49
We don't have a rule about not posting famous tracks that I am aware of, but of course one can make such requests both to the poster and one can suggest rules/ guidelines.    I'm not comfortable with people dictating that others not do it.

I'm okay with posting famous songs, just not full albums generally or overloading topics with videos in many threads, which is something that some people have found issue with me (I've always had premium internet service).  That said, I'm more interested in hearing the lesser known ones and loved listening to that Cymbaline one and I love More (my favourite from it is "Cirrus Minor").

This is one of my absolute Pink Floyd favourites:

Just a fanboy passin' through.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 05:03
^ I am the one annoyed (for lack of a better word) by famous songs videos, especially studio versions, it's simply a pointless thing to do, hasn't everyone heard those songs, who is the video posted for? Confused The simple mention of those songs should be enough. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>