Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Starcastle's Song of Times vs Fly From Here by Yes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starcastle's Song of Times vs Fly From Here by Yes

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which album do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [9.52%]
9 [42.86%]
3 [14.29%]
2 [9.52%]
1 [4.76%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [19.05%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starcastle's Song of Times vs Fly From Here by Yes
    Posted: October 05 2019 at 09:56
Yes, it's another one of my precise too many options polls.LOL 

Anyway, I was thinking of these two albums for a while and how they kind of remind me of each other although I'm not really sure why.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2019 at 10:44
I haven't heard the more recent Starcastle album but I am quite familiar with their 70s stuff, but I do know I hate "Flay From Here" by the other Yes clone band that is not called Starcastle, so I can't vote officially, so I voted that way.

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2019 at 11:08
I like to have as much interaction as possible with the polls I do. If I just had two options it probably wouldn't result in as much participation.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 05 2019 at 11:08
gr8dane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2019 at 12:50
Yes.I really like fly From Here.I also really like Starcastle's 3 first albums ,but not Songs of Times that much.It does have the killer track Babylon.That said,Starcastles first 3 albums can easily win over many Yes albums.
Shake & bake.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2019 at 12:55
Really? I think Babylon is the worst song on the album and almost ruins the whole thing for me. It's just too repetitious.
patrickq View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2019 at 16:51
”Fly From Here,” but I have to say the Starcastle tune is very nice. 
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2019 at 17:06
I"ve only heard Fly From Here, so no vote, as I don't really want to spend time and energy on Starcastle (or Fly From Here again). 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2019 at 18:09
First vote for Starcastle. Fly From Here is mostly and old piece from the Drama sessions that was enhanced for this album, while the rest are some rather simple songs. Good, but not really my cup of tea. Song of Times at least was newer material and quite enjoyable, at least to my ears, and gave me hope that the band was back with renewed enthusiasm.
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2019 at 06:33
I like the old Starcastle a lot.... but Song of Times was a disappointment

Fly From Here is one of my faves from the latest Yes period and gets my vote
Prog On!
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2019 at 06:54
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Fly From Here is mostly and old piece from the Drama sessions that was enhanced for this album,

It's actually on old Buggles song, but Yes did play it live a few times in the Horne/Downes days.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2019 at 07:23
Both are "meh".
Welcome to the middle of the film.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2019 at 08:01
That Starcastle album had some decent moments but Fly From Here is actually pretty solid.
 Post Reply Post Reply