Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opeth In Cauda Venenum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmay102436 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opeth In Cauda Venenum
    Posted: October 08 2019 at 17:24
I just received the box of In Cauda Venenum. Overall, very happy - the surround is considerably better than Sorceress, although not as good as early surround mixes by Opeth. Still, very acceptable AND the music is wonderful.

But, I was wondering: Has anyone else noticed the  (surround mix only I believe) glitch between track 9 and 10? It's quite bad actually, and is on both language versions. It's during the drum bit that leads out of 9 and into 10. It literally pops.

Again, overall, this is simply a marvelous album, but that's a pretty bad audio glitch, and for the money paid, etc...

Thoughts? and Thanks!
Freedom Of Personal Expression Can Not Die
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 20:05
This is a wonderful album. It's in my "constant play" lately. I give it 4 stars out of 5 so far, but it could go higher. The intro track reminds me of Tangerine Dream, which is one of my favorite bands of all time. Fantastic record through and through. Probably in my top 5 along with Damnation, Pale Communion, Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries. 
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 20:58
I like it a lot more than Sorceress. Not sure yet how it compares to the 2 before that. Need a few more listens.

But no, have not heard any glitches.

Edited by Tapfret - October 08 2019 at 20:59
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2019 at 00:51
This is their best album to date since they dropped the 'growling' . It's a proper good prog album and will feature very high up on my favourite album list for the year I'm sure.

BTW anyone else reckon that the intro to the album bares a striking resemblance to another intro for piece of music about a mythical half machine half beast that existed somewhere about 1971??!

Edited by richardh - October 09 2019 at 00:51
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2019 at 05:07
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

This is their best album to date since they dropped the 'growling' . It's a proper good prog album and will feature very high up on my favourite album list for the year I'm sure.

BTW anyone else reckon that the intro to the album bares a striking resemblance to another intro for piece of music about a mythical half machine half beast that existed somewhere about 1971??!

I agree, it's an excellent album.

And if you mean the certain tank-like beast that I think you mean, then no.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2019 at 12:33
I do want to get this one. The few songs that I have heard sounded very promising. And the fact that they actually did a version in swedish, I really want to get that one. So far, my favourite since they dropped growling (and actually my favourite, since I don't like growling) is Sorceress... but if the whole new album lives up to what I have heard, I guess it might be my new favourite.
 Post Reply Post Reply