Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Renaissance Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which is your favourite Renaissance album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.44%]
1 [2.44%]
1 [2.44%]
7 [17.07%]
8 [19.51%]
8 [19.51%]
7 [17.07%]
5 [12.20%]
1 [2.44%]
2 [4.88%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 10:10
Scheherazade and Other Stories for sure!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 10:48
SAOS
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 10:55
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

^ I expect Ashes to also be in the mix, so 5 albums in a row that are all legit contenders for best album.  Not many bands could claim this

You're right! After 20 votes,  we now have five albums all vying for first place in the poll. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 15 2019 at 10:58
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 15:19
For me, it's a tie between Scheherazade and Novella. All are great albums though.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 21:39
As a whole album, Turn of the Cards.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2019 at 10:55
I am a bit surprised that Prologue has no votes at all.  Not that I think it is close to the best, but I think it is different enough than what followed to have made it on somebody's list
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2019 at 10:57
Turn of the Cards.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2019 at 11:09

I am a bit surprised that Prologue has no votes at all.  Not that I think it is close to the best, but I think it is different enough than what followed to have made it on somebody's list

I'm surprised too, although Renaissance have so many good albums that it's hard to pick a favourite. 
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 07:04
I'll give Prologue the nod. Here they were still a "rock" band without all the orchestra stuff, and I dig the psychedelic flavor of some of the tunes. The title track moves, "Spare Some Love" is prime hippy rock, and "Rajah Khan" is dope. Love Annie doing the chest-voice Eastern-tinged on-key caterwauls. Fuzzy guitar contributions on this album work for me as well. 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 07:38
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

My vote goes to "Ashes Are Burning". For the sake  of completion, I've included the two earliest  Renaissance  albums in the poll, back when they had a completely different line-up, and I've also included the two Renaissance albums recorded in the 1990's with Michael Dunford & Stephanie Adlington. I'd be very surprised if anyone votes for either of the two New Wave Renaissance albums released in the 1980's. Smile

I think someone voted for Camera Camera just to call your bluff. Wink
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 07:54
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

My vote goes to "Ashes Are Burning". For the sake  of completion, I've included the two earliest  Renaissance  albums in the poll, back when they had a completely different line-up, and I've also included the two Renaissance albums recorded in the 1990's with Michael Dunford & Stephanie Adlington. I'd be very surprised if anyone votes for either of the two New Wave Renaissance albums released in the 1980's. Smile

Make it two. Not my favorite but I love the album.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 10:07
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I'm not so sure. Lewian & RogerThat both sounded as if they genuinely like the album. Smile
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 12:45
Novella, ever since the opening of "Can You Hear Me?" blew me away.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 13:32
There's "A Song for All Seasons" in the vast repertoire of Renaissance songs and I could write a "Novella" about "Scheherazade and Other Stories" too. The results of this poll and who's going to win the "Ashes Are Burning" issues which may all depend on "A Turn of the Cards". Smile
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 13:52
Illusion.

I love those first two albums. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 16:32
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Illusion.

I love those first two albums. 
Me too! I don't have the two original Illusion albums on CD, but I DO have the 2-CD Jane Relf compilation which is just as good, if not better than the two studio albums, and includes the ad she recorded for Findus fish fingers. Smile
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 16:54

Yeah, that probably an album that's closer to the debut (my choice) and Illusion to what will come with Ashes

TBH, all I've owned in decades atre the firt three albums (the Repertoire mini-Lp).... and made a CD-r compilation from the next three
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 17:41

I listened to the "Prologue" album again last week, just before posting this poll, and I'm surprised it's received no votes too. It's a great album and my favourite track on the album is "Kiev". Thumbs Up

Update: "Prologue" has received one vote now. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 18 2019 at 17:42
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 18:24
Well, in case anyone is interested in these kinds of things, Prologue ranks fourth for over all ratings both on here and the rate your music site where it is tied with Novella(tied on both sites too). The only albums(again on both sites)that rate it higher are the three in between them. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 18 2019 at 18:26
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 20:07
I guess my fellow Prologue fanatics just don't do polls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>