Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TOP 2000s in Customized lists direct links

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TOP 2000s in Customized lists direct links
    Posted: October 18 2019 at 07:44
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 08:25
I just discovered this same laughable anomaly! I thought I was going crazy looking at the list!

I don't know programming, but I would think it not difficult to create an algorithm that collects only albums released in years starting with "2" (e.g. 2000, 2007, 2017 all begin with the numeral "2" as opposed to the "1" that all 20th Century albums begin with).

I know--and have done--what ProkeKct suggested, but since there is a one-stop-and-shop button for "Classics 1966-1975" it would be nice to have one for our modern day 21st Century additions, wouldn't you all agree?
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2019 at 04:49
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2019 at 05:17
^ Yes, that's it! But could this link could replace the bad one on the "TOP list custom links & filters" page?

And it would have to be updated every year...
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2019 at 08:05
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

Top Albums from 2000 to 2019

Clap

Edited by BrufordFreak - November 23 2019 at 08:05
Drew Fisher
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2019 at 08:09
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

^ Yes, that's it! But could this link could replace the bad one on the "TOP list custom links & filters" page?

And it would have to be updated every year...

Agreed! Why couldn't the non-thinker I prophecy disaster's solution be the default link whenever someone pushed "Top 2000s"?
Drew Fisher
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2023 at 05:28
So I hope this bug could be fixed soon. It's not complicated. Just replace the link by this one I just made below... and we will be good until 2040 !!!

TOP list custom links & filters

There is another similar bug right now on PA's home page. 

Both Top 2022 and Top 2021 links lead to 2022 albums! Confused
gbjones View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2023 at 13:50
The main page link that says "2021 Albums" and "2022 Albums" needs either to be updated to the current years or link removed as it gives the public the impression that the site is no longer in use.

If it is too complicated to show the year dynamically, just remove the link entirely from the ASP file.

It's pretty easy - just edit the .asp file for the mail server and redeploy. I can walk someone through it if need be.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2023 at 16:08
^ I agree, I think it would be great to always have Top [current year] albums and Top [previous year] albums on the home page.

And... as you may already have noticed, there is another bug (see the post above)

Sadly, our webmaster is mostly inactive, so all we can do is hoping for some intervention someday... Ermm
gbjones View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2023 at 19:26
It would be like a ten minute fix. Not expensive.
 Post Reply Post Reply