Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes Released a New Album on Oct 25!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirklott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes Released a New Album on Oct 25!
    Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:01

Yes unexpectedly released a new album/mini-box set on October 25, featuring about 26 minutes of unreleased studio music: https://burningshed.com/store/yes

The response to the single (which is a shorter edit of one album track) is generally enthusiastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SGliMLJ3eI

It features previously unreleased recordings with Chris Squire. The 4 studio tracks (including a 10-minute mini epic co-written by Squire/O. Wakeman) were recorded in 2010 by David/Howe/Squire/White/O Wakeman line up, before Trevor Horn took over the project, and it became the 2011 Yes album, "Fly From Here."

The release also includes the complete "In the Present: Live from Lyon" album, which is currently only available as part of this mini box set.

The music is available *only* on CD and LP, and *only* from the Yes store on Burning Shed. Please vote for new music from Yes and ARW, by buying this new release.

Edited by kirklott - October 28 2019 at 14:15
"Progressive rock is the key to the continuance of human evolution." - Charles Darwin
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:05
Hey, it's not April first. Smile
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:05

The song From the Turn of a Card was included on the Oliver Wakeman & Gordon Giltrap album Ravens & Lullabyes. Anyone know if it is the same recording?

kirklott View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirklott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:07
It's not April 1st. And Yes released a new album. Seriously.
"Progressive rock is the key to the continuance of human evolution." - Charles Darwin
kirklott View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirklott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:08
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/yes-reveals-four-previously-unreleased-2010-recordings-on-the-new-from-a-page-mini-box-set/
kirklott View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirklott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:09
Originally posted by SouthSideoftheSky SouthSideoftheSky wrote:

The song From the Turn of a Card was included on the Oliver Wakeman & Gordon Giltrap album Ravens & Lullabyes. Anyone know if it is the same recording?

It's the same song, but different recording. This version features David/Howe/Squire/O. Wakeman/White line up of Yes.
kirklott View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirklott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:10
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Hey, it's not April first. Smile

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/yes-reveals-four-previously-unreleased-2010-recordings-on-the-new-from-a-page-mini-box-set/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:14
Interesting that "aliens" isn't one of them. I guess they never recorded that one in the studio.
kirklott View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirklott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:17

Interesting that "aliens" isn't one of them. I guess they never recorded that one in the studio.

Thank God! "Aliens" was not the best Yes moment!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 14:22
Originally posted by kirklott kirklott wrote:

Thank God! "Aliens" was not the best Yes moment!

Apparently it turned up on the Squackett album anyway(possibly where it belongs).  I know it from hearing live recordings. While I wasn't a big fan of it either at least it was new music at the time.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 15:55
I notice the advertisement for it and I'm curious. Hopefully is worth adding it to my collection.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 18:44
They don't release it in the USA which sucks---I heard the single and it is very good---especially Benoit vocals---he was so good--its a shame he quit as the new singer is annoying as hell---Benoit did a great job on Fly from here and on the newly released music. Think this was the last decent Yes line-up---which is a lot to say when Jon Anderson isn't in the band.

Edited by twosteves - October 28 2019 at 18:50
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 18:52
has any American ordered from this company in England --and how long did it take to get the music?
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 00:42
For what it's worth they are a reliable supplier but I am in the UK not USA.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 04:51

To my ears, the "new" song sounds similar to those on the Heaven & Earth album.

Edited by SouthSideoftheSky - October 29 2019 at 09:42
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 07:23
Have I got this right? It's 20 quid for 26 minutes of music because it includes a live CD that I've already got?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 07:30
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Have I got this right? It's 20 quid for 26 minutes of music because it includes a live CD that I've already got?
I don't know but it somehow sounds right. We've got to pay for the fancy box that it comes in, you know. Wink
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 08:49
No thanks.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 09:03
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I don't know but it somehow sounds right. We've got to pay for the fancy box that it comes in, you know. Wink

Well someone said it sounds like Heaven and Earth so I may give it a miss for now. The live CD isn't that great that I need two copies of it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 09:47

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Well someone said it sounds like Heaven and Earth so I may give it a miss for now. The live CD isn't that great that I need two copies of it.

Yeah, I was referring to the single edit of To The Moment that is available on YouTube (link above). Definitely on the poppy side. But I'm still a bit curious about the other tracks.

But you are right, this release is more of a re-issue of In The Present with four studio bonus tracks than it is a new studio album.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>