Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some songs for Halloween

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which one do you like best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [9.09%]
2 [18.18%]
1 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [9.09%]
2 [18.18%]
1 [9.09%]
2 [18.18%]
1 [9.09%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some songs for Halloween
    Posted: October 29 2019 at 17:42
I'm sure I left some off. If you know of a good one that should be on here even if you didn't vote for it as "other" mention it anyway.

Yes, I did throw a few prog tunes in here but I couldn't think of enough to make it a prog only poll.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 21:32
Voted "Other" for Type O Negative's "Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare All)".

The poll could use some Rob Zombie/White Zombie.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 22:06
Ballad of Dwight Fry by Alice Cooper is a far better scary selection than I Love the Dead, which is quite campy.

Edited by The Dark Elf - October 29 2019 at 22:07
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 00:31
Other: Comus - "Drip Drip" or Black Widow - "Come to the Sabbat"

I like play Shub-Niggurath on Halloween.

Edited by Logan - October 30 2019 at 00:37
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 01:06
By the way, since I generally prefer not to just list and vote for other, but being very tired I missed it in your list, I would have very happily gone with Bauhaus' "Bela Lugosi is Dead" (I used to be obsessed with the film The Hunger which features it at the start).
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 03:13
That's a great list of songs and well done for including Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" featured in "The Exorcist" horror movie. I voted for "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. I also like "The Siege and Investiture of Baron von Frankenstein's Castle at Weisseria" from the BOC "Imaginos" album.....

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 03:15
nice list but it needs some Goblin and maybe some... King Diamond. LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 03:43
Here's Christopher Lee, the Hammer Horror legend singing "My Way" in his own inimitable way. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 30 2019 at 03:45
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 03:45
Halloween by Siouxsie & the Banshees.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 12:16
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

By the way, since I generally prefer not to just list and vote for other, but being very tired I missed it in your list, I would have very happily gone with Bauhaus' "Bela Lugosi is Dead" (I used to be obsessed with the film The Hunger which features it at the start).

If you want I can open it up to multiple votes so you can vote for it. Wink I don't want people to abuse that though so I would change it back soon after. Also, I don't know how many multiple votes you would get anyway.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 12:18
Peter Hammill - Gog/Magog
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 12:51
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

If you want I can open it up to multiple votes so you can vote for it. Wink I don't want people to abuse that though so I would change it back soon after. Also, I don't know how many multiple votes you would get anyway.

It's enough for me that I've registered my appreciation via post.

And in a sub way, via the tube:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 13:19
"Dance with the Devil" by the much-missed Cozy Powell Heart

Dragon Drop View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragon Drop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 05:00
Appropriate for Halloween is this song from 1982.
Its style is an obvious imitation of the Velvet Underground.
The Dream Syndicate:  "Halloween"

The Shrubbery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shrubbery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 08:31
Sorry mate but this,
this is a proper Halloween song

Let's make Prog a family again. Tired of Snobbery and trolling. We all have a right to love what and who we love so lets respect and appreciate all who care about the finest music in the world... prog
Run Home Slow View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run Home Slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 13:15
maybe this one :)

If you got ears, you gotta listen — Captain Beefheart
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 13:27
{merged}

As we already have this thread, which includes an other option: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121316

{that's the one you are now reading this post in}

And while that is not Prog focused, as The Dream Syndicate is not included in the Prog Archives database, I merged this with that poll.

From site rules and guidelines:

"Prog Music lounge
This section is for general discussions about Progressive music. Unless and until an artist is included in Prog Archives, they are not considered to be "prog". In other words, discussions in "Prog Music Lounge" should only be about groups/music currently included in Prog Archives, or about progressive music in general. If you wish to suggest a band for inclusion in the site, see "Suggest new Bands" below. For discussions on all other types of music see the "General music discussions" section below."

Edited by Logan - October 31 2019 at 13:32
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 14:17
Frankenstein 
Dragon Drop View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragon Drop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 14:33

Sorry... I didn't realize that it had to be in the database in order to qualify for posting there. I guess I should have put my post here instead of in the Prog section.  Embarrassed

Can I view the database online? I'd love to see what other good stuff it contains. Thumbs Up

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 15:27
Originally posted by Dragon Drop Dragon Drop wrote:

Sorry... I didn't realize that it had to be in the database in order to qualify for posting there. I guess I should have put my post here instead of in the Prog section.  Embarrassed

Can I view the database online? I'd love to see what other good stuff it contains. Thumbs Up

No worries, I got rid of another Halloween song topic in the Prog Music lounge, the person had already responded to you anyway, but decided to create his own (fanboys gonna fan), and that was in the database. I move stuff a lot, sometimes badly.

The "database" is accessible from the main part of the site (I just mean all the bands that have been added to Prog Archives): http://www.progarchives.com/

One can search alphabetically, in "prog sub-genres", using the google custom search bar on the front/main page....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>