Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Killer' (1971) a killer Album by Alice Cooper.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Killer' (1971) a killer Album by Alice Cooper.

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which song is your favourite from Killer
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [42.86%]
1 [14.29%]
1 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [14.29%]
1 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Killer' (1971) a killer Album by Alice Cooper.
    Posted: October 31 2019 at 00:10
One of the greatest music albums of the 70s, heavy, etherial, theatrical, brisk, raw, melodic, and ambissious. From the low end bass and raw Under My Wheels, to the melodic Be My Lover, theatrical and moving Halo of Flies, melodic songs of Desperado and Yeah, Yeah, Yeah and the nervousnes of You Drive Me Nervous

And the two etherial, raw, heavy and ambissious pieces of Dead Babies, Killer (and again) Halo of Flies. the albums have so much layers. To me 'Dead Babies' is the most interesting piece, the riff is very bigg, all rhe players are vital to its fullness, bass, organ, guitar and drums and vocals are top notch but so also on the title track.

GENIOUS-
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 03:26
Desperado is a very good song, very spessial with a warmth and nice cross between folksy warmth and electric rock, the mix of cello, violin, perhaps contrabass and warm and hot electric guitar and bass.

Edited by Icarium - October 31 2019 at 10:23
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 16:22
Got to be, "Be My Lover".
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2019 at 14:34
^ that song got a really good bass line
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2019 at 15:20
Great rock lp....I also love Love It To Death...

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2019 at 15:22
Alice rules!
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2019 at 16:58
Halo of Flies, followed by Dead Babies, which segues into Killer. One of my all time favorite albums.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply