Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Arena Rock Band

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Who's Your Favourite Arena Rock Band?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [4.44%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [4.44%]
1 [2.22%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [4.44%]
1 [2.22%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [6.67%]
1 [2.22%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.22%]
5 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [17.78%]
0 [0.00%]
12 [26.67%]
2 [4.44%]
2 [4.44%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.22%]
2 [4.44%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite Arena Rock Band
    Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:09
I had to fill out my poll a second time because I forgot to post a message. Oops! Embarrassed

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 31 2019 at 08:14
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:13
Off the top of my head the only band I feel is missing is Van Halen. Good job with the list otherwise though. I'll have to think about this.

Maybe you can edit it(actually I know you can because I have created polls myself)and put Van Halen where that last option is(the one that currently has no band name listed). Just a suggestion.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 31 2019 at 07:14
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:16
Nice list but in lieu of Zeppelin or Sabbath I had to go with Grand Funk.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:20
Europe

I wouldn't classify them as arena rock but since they're there they get my vote.

You put the poll again in the wrong section of the forum. Lol

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:27
I guessed we might have an interesting debate on what is and isn't Arena Rock, along the same lines as the great Neo-Prog debate. Wink

Europe were listed as an Arena Rock band on Google when I looked them up just a few minutes before posting this poll, so I was going by their definition. They're not exclusively Arena Rock though - they're also listed as a Hard Rock / Heavy Metal / Glam Metal band on Wikipedia, which sounds like a good description to me. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 31 2019 at 07:27
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:30
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Off the top of my head the only band I feel is missing is Van Halen. Good job with the list otherwise though. I'll have to think about this.

Maybe you can edit it(actually I know you can because I have created polls myself)and put Van Halen where that last option is(the one that currently has no band name listed). Just a suggestion.

That's no problem at all, and amazingly, Van Halen just happened to fall into the correct alphabetical position at  the tail end of the poll. Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:32
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Maybe the Arena Rock bands are playing in the wrong arena. Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:34
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Nice list but in lieu of Zeppelin or Sabbath I had to go with Grand Funk.

Not to worry. Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin were both included in my recent Hard Rock poll. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:35
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Non prog topics and polls go in the general music. You are not a newbie anymore, you got no excuse.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:37

Non prog topics and polls go in the general music. You are not a newbie anymore, you got no excuse.

Many of the bands in the poll ARE Prog-related though, which is why I posted it in the Prog Polls forum. Wink
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:47
I've seen Dream Theater in an Arena, and Nightwish, so why aren't they in this poll?Wink
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:52
Boston is the band that really opened up my tastes. Styx and Kansas were my semi-introduction to prog. Voting boston
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:57

I had to fill out my poll a second time because I forgot to post a message. Oops! Embarrassed

Actually, Pink Floyd would win this poll going away ... well ... maybe not ... not enough folks got to see the monster in the years that mattered!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 07:59
Originally posted by essexboyinwales essexboyinwales wrote:

I've seen Dream Theater in an Arena, and Nightwish, so why aren't they in this poll?Wink
I've seen Bucks Fizz play in an arena too, although they're hardly Arena Rock. LOL
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 08:03
If you're going to classify Kansas as arena rock, then they're the clear choice. Nobody else on that list can hang with them.  
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 08:04

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

That's no problem at all, and amazingly, Van Halen just happened to fall into the correct alphabetical position at  the tail end of the poll. Wink

It must have been fate or destiny.LOL
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 08:07
for me this would easily be RUSH---if they were on the list!

Voted Queen. One of a kind greatness.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 08:16
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

for me this would easily be RUSH---if they were on the list!

RUSH have made it onto the list now, after a last-minute rush. Wink
DarkTower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkTower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 08:25
Rush !
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 08:27
Boston!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>