FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there anybody out there who misses BajaProg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
charcoz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charcoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2019 at 19:48
BajaProg 2001, definitely that year (for me) was kind of Best Program Festival. I mean, I like the music of all the bands that participated in that edition (except Aria, 'cause I haven't listen to it). But I also can say 2001 were a Festival without a Well World Known Band, maybe an exception with Le Orme, but with excellent music (in my opinion). Unfortunately i couldn't be there.

There were 18 bands: Ankh, Aria, Azigza, Cast, Discus, Eclat, Exsimio, Finisterre, Iona, Kromlech, Landmarq, Le Orme, Omni, Priam, Solaris, Subterra, Sylvan and Vital Duo.

So, this time i won't write down the name of any band i would've liked to see, because they all are.

Here it is what i found to share of BajaProg 2001:

charcoz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charcoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 21:13
I'm not supposed to talk about the Festival, but i can say that year after year BajaProg Festival were better. Anyway i just will write down of the bands that participated in the festival. In the 2000 edition  there were 14 bands:

After Crying, Eclat, Equinox, Five Fifteen, Halloween, Huesol, Isildurs Bane, Jadis, John Wetton Band, Kromlech, Nexus, Pallas, Ten Jinn and Tryo.

Defenitily ISILDURS BANE is one of the bands i would have liked to see playing live...maybe some day.
NEXUS is another band i like and i would like to see someday.
Five Fifteen, Jadis, Pallas, and of course John Wetton Band would have been good to see.
After Crying, Equinox, Halloween and Ten Jinn appered in past editions of the BajaProg.

Here it is what i could find to share of this edition of BajaProg 2000:
charcoz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charcoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 20:53
Next BajaProg Festival was in 1999, there were 9 bands (including Cast):
After Crying, Arena, Crucibe, Halloween, Iconoclasta, Quidam, Tempano and Ten Jinn.

This time i should say i'm lucky! i've seen After Crying, Arena and Iconoclasta playing live, different styles between them, and excellent bands for me, but... I have to say After Crying is one of the best bands I've ever listened to, so i became easily a fan of After Crying music.

About the other bands, I'm also fan of Quidam, so it's a shame for me that i was not there in that concert at BajaProg 1999, Fortunately they recorded a live album http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1142, so i can feel like i would've been there when i listen to it.

Halloween and Tempano were other bands i would've liked to see in that Bajaprog.

Here it is what i could find to share of this edition of BajaProg 1999:

charcoz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charcoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2019 at 18:44
If you missed Hackett, you'd like to watch this:

charcoz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charcoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2019 at 19:10
Unfortunately I have not found nothing on the web about the First BajaProg. 

Continuing with the next BajaProg Festival, in 1998, there were 8 bands (that's what i guess):
Cruz de Hierro, Equinox, Illuvatar, Minimun Vital, Puppet Show, Salem, Ten Jinn and XII Alfonso.

And the bands I woud've liked to see were XII Alfonso, Minimum Vital and Illuvatar. Although i must say that I like all of these bands and i've never seen any in concert. (A shame)

About that Second BajaProg, I found that members of all bands collaborated to record a song (including the host: Cast). Nice song i would say.

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2019 at 07:55
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

^The festival is in Mexicali, not across the border from San Diego (that would be Tiajuana). As with the border crossing east of San Diego in Tecate, Mexicali is much tamer than Tiajuana. Missed Hackett at this festival several years back and have been kicking myself ever since.

I was quite aware of that ... but I had a Portuguese passport at the time, and the wolves were all over it, and caused problems ... and there was not a single anyone that could help and these things will hurt the commercial aptitude of a festival like that one ... by limiting the folks that can get there, even one can make a difference, but more than likely it would be 100 to 300 or even more ... that you end up losing.

I would love to have gone ... but I could not chance the border corruption one more time! AND ITS WORSE NOW!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
charcoz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charcoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2019 at 21:56
I know what you mean, when an artist tour Mexico, it goes to just one or two cities, but in other Countries the artist visits many places and offers more dates in its tour.
On the other side, fewer artists tour Mexico rather than other countries. 
So, maybe that was the reason of the importance of BajaProg Festival.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2019 at 13:24
^The festival is in Mexicali, not across the border from San Diego (that would be Tiajuana). As with the border crossing east of San Diego in Tecate, Mexicali is much tamer than Tiajuana. Missed Hackett at this festival several years back and have been kicking myself ever since.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2019 at 07:22
Originally posted by charcoz charcoz wrote:

Finding out... if someone had the chance to be at the BajaProg Festival in Mexicali-Mexico, and which was the artist or band you consider had the best performance you could see in the Festival. Or if you didn't have the chance of being there, which band you would've liked to see playing live.

I have to admit that no line up in Mexico would get me to cross the border south of San Diego ... had issues with it before, and I don't trust the corruption of the border folks and the local police thing in all places all the way in the Baja, because they are just as bad ... it just has not been a nice experience for me, and, in fact, I doubt that anywhere in Latin/South America would be a nice place to visit right now ... you can go to Argentina and Brazil, but trying to get past the airport with 5 CD's you bought, many of the guards are going to lynch your wallet and the police will not give a damn because they are in it with them!

I know this sounds a bit ... over the top ... but my experiences have not been nice, and my name is Pedro ... not Peter!

What scares me more is that it is not done in America, where the ability to see/share this music is so much better, and California is actually a good place for it ... but I guess the San Diego area is probably bad, since no one goes there, right?
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
charcoz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charcoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 23:28
Finding out... if someone had the chance to be at the BajaProg Festival in Mexicali-Mexico, and which was the artist or band you consider had the best performance you could see in the Festival. Or if you didn't have the chance of being there, which band you would've liked to see playing live.

Let's start From the beginnig, 3 bands in 1997: Cast, Ekus and Land's End.
I don't know anything about Ekus, just that they are from Argentina, so the band I woud've liked to see is Land's End.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12