Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
32 [74.42%]
11 [25.58%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2019 at 22:40
Originally posted by thief thief wrote:

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I'm tempted to vote for The Great Gig in the Sky, and I don't even know the other one (but of course I won't do that).

I suggest you try it out (if you can stomach 70s hard rock). Although not necessarily in the premier league of Sabbath songs ("Wheels of Confusion", "Megalomania", "Into the Void" etc.), I find it a terrific opening track. Definitely a prime Black Sabbath offering.

Well, I do like Sabbath (I just haven't heard that album yet), as well as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, and a few others. Though, as far as Sabbath goes, I mostly like better the live version on Reunion than the originals. The extra heaviness really helps the songs.
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2019 at 23:59

Originally posted by thief thief wrote:

I'm tempted to vote for The Great Gig in the Sky, and I don't even know the other one (but of course I won't do that).

I suggest you try it out (if you can stomach 70s hard rock). Although not necessarily in the premier league of Sabbath songs ("Wheels of Confusion", "Megalomania", "Into the Void" etc.), I find it a terrific opening track. Definitely a prime Black Sabbath offering.

Well, I do like Sabbath (I just haven't heard that album yet), as well as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, and a few others. Though, as far as Sabbath goes, I mostly like better the live version on Reunion than the originals. The extra heaviness really helps the songs.

Fair enough. When it comes to heaviness, I dunno, we have dozens Black Sabbath ripoffs nowadays, but only Sabbath had that early 70s production AND powerful riffs despite guitar amps not suitable to this style of music. But I honestly love Reunion version of "Into the Void"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12