Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog Out!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2019 at 20:42
^ Haha yeah, I miss typed RIO. And you're right about Magma that's why I put 'not technically' but I count them. These other two bands you mention I don't know(Thinking Plague I've seen mentioned on here but never heard them).
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2019 at 23:30
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

Originally posted by psychedelic paul psychedelic paul wrote:

I always think of "The Wall" as a Roger Waters solo album, in just the same way as "The Final Cut" album, mainly because Roger Waters sings on both albums instead of David Gilmour.

As for Phil Collins, he's a great drummer, but as for his singing, I take that at "Face Value" with "No Jacket Required". "But Seriously", I can "Testify" that I can see "Both Sides" of his appeal as a drummer and a singer. Gosh! Is that the time? "Hello, I Must Be Going." I'm "Going Back" to "Dance into the Light" now and listen to some Peter Gabriel-era Genesis. Tongue

Haha I think you got them all in there.
That was just a quickie. It was relatively easy to include Phil Collins eight album titles in a short paragraph which I've now rewritten in a different order and reposted in my "Write Your Own Album Titles Tribute" blog. The challenge now is to write a tribute using all of Genesis', YES or Pink Floyd's  albums, which won't be nearly so easy. Smile
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 04:10
Aside from most early KC albums, Floyd's Meddle is another prog-fest for me.

Edited by SteveG - November 08 2019 at 04:11
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 08:46
I have really a lot of prog to choose from, but an easy one is Camel - Mirage
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 09:18
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

^ Haha yeah, I miss typed RIO. And you're right about Magma that's why I put 'not technically' but I count them. These other two bands you mention I don't know(Thinking Plague I've seen mentioned on here but never heard them).

Well, if you count Magma then you would have to count every Zeuhlish or avant garde band. May as well throw in Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and the Muffins(who to be fair are sometimes considered RIO BUt just as much Canterbury) while you're at it. Wink Actually, I do think Magma played at some of those festivals or something early on so in some ways maybe not too much of a stretch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234