Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The least likely reunions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: What reunion seems the LEAST likely to happen (2019 and future)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [22.50%]
4 [10.00%]
2 [5.00%]
21 [52.50%]
1 [2.50%]
3 [7.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The least likely reunions!
    Posted: November 08 2019 at 04:41
We're talking about reunions for ONE CONCERT or, at most, a Mini Tour.
Of course it'd be nice to see true comebacks and new material released, but I doubt any of it will happen ^^

If you have spare time you could rank those reunions from MOST to LEAST likely. When it comes to Yes, you could treat it any way you wish (either one of them, or both).
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 05:37
Floyd and Waters - never going to happen.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 05:52
Jimi Hendrix Experience Evil SmileWink

Edited by Sean Trane - November 08 2019 at 05:52
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 05:54
To be honest, I don't follow much of the rumours and chitchat about who fell out with whom for what reason, on what terms they are now etc., so I'm not the right person to answer this question. Reunions may happen or not and I'll find out early enough... What I find more interesting is the question which reunion of these I'd most like to see, and that's clearly KC & Belew, and that may not be sooooo unlikely! (No vote though.)
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 06:14
^That sounds like the only one of these that has even the slightest possibility of happening.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 06:27
Hi,

The only reunion, that EVER, would be worth it for me, would have to be THE DOORS, with a new 25 minute opus, of course. Well, I would probably cry really hard, if I could see Janis and Big Brother ... and specially hearing that guitar in Ball and Chain. Take a hint Steve Howe!

Maybe the flavor for all these bands listed, has gone out for me, although Peter Hammill (or VdGG) is probably the one thing I would love to see in my life ... that I will never see, or have the chance to say ... thank you  ... to Peter for his invaluable help and lessons in so much of my life! The only other one I feel this way about is Vangelis ... and it's got so bad that even the "special" about him, has not been finished or released ... so we will never really get to know the artist behind all that music. One way to not fall prey to the commercial bs, I guess!

Edited by moshkito - November 08 2019 at 06:29
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 06:42
Emerson, Lake & Powell?
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 07:21
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Emerson, Lake & Powell?

Nasty!
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 07:29
Gentle Giant reunion would be awesome. But not likely.

Ranked from most to least...

King Crimson
VDGG
Genesis
Tull 
Yes
Floyd
progaholic6 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaholic6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 07:39
Focus and Jan Ackerman
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 07:49
Originally posted by thief thief wrote:

Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Emerson, Lake & Powell?

Nasty!

Meet the lemming.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 07:52
All of them except Crimson and Yes maybe.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 07:53
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Gentle Giant reunion would be awesome. But not likely.
Yep!

Gotta go with the majority for the poll.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 08:25
YES---Jon has approached thick headed Howe several times and he has said NO.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 08:29
Supertramp reunion
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 08:30
i would love a Stewart/Godley/Gouldman/Creme reuinon if you know shat i mean. Now it is usualøy just Graham Gouldman

Edited by Icarium - November 08 2019 at 08:30
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 08:42
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

i would love a Stewart/Godley/Gouldman/Creme reuinon if you know shat i mean. Now it is usualøy just Graham Gouldman

That would be cool. 
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 08:43
Floyd wth Waters happened in 2005 and I think both Gilmour and Mason guested on at least one show each of the last The Wall tour. 
The most unlikely to happen is Peter Gabriel because he wouldn't find Genesis around. Yes is so dynamic that I wouldn't be surprised if Jon and Rick would come back like they did already in the 90s.

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 08:44
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Supertramp reunion

Oh yes, that would be great.

One that would make me come out of hibernation (zero rock concert for me in the past two years).
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 08:44
I thought maybe Black Sabbath with Bill Ward would be on here. ;) Out of these maybe Wakeman and Anderson. Pink Floyd did reunite with Gilmour and Waters so not sure why that has so many votes. A Barre and Anderson reunion seems pretty unlikely too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>