Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New interview with The Wizards of Winter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relayer924 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New interview with The Wizards of Winter
    Posted: November 09 2019 at 13:20
I sat down with Wizards of Winter founding members Scott Kelly (Keyboards) and Sharon Kelly (Flute/Vocals). We did an in-depth chat about their new album, The Christmas Dream, and their 2019 tour.

Some of the topics we touched on:

- Their creative writing and recording process for the new album
- The back-story to many of the songs on the new album
- Working with bandmembers John O.Reilly, Greg Smith and Fred Gorhau in studio
- The positives and negatives of working independently in the music business
- The song they are most looking forward to playing on the upcoming tour.
and much more!

Edited by relayer924 - November 09 2019 at 13:34
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 18:31
Thanks. I'll check it out.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2019 at 05:29
This is just a Trans Siberian Orchestra Clone right?
I mean they even take their name from them.
Or is this some sort of off shoot after loosing Paul O'Neill?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
relayer924 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relayer924 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2019 at 10:36
They started out ten years ago as a TSO tribute band to raise money for a food pantry in NJ, which is where the band name came from.  But over the years they have evolved into an all-original-material band with three albums out and nationwide tours.  They do an all-Christmas show, with the focus on the music and the meaning of Christmas, instead of TSO's show with only the first half being Christmas and their focus on the spectacle.  There are TSO-clone bands out there, but these guys arent them imho.  If you read through the interview, you will see some marked differences from TSO.  I enjoy both bands and have interviewed folks from each, though I find that the Wizards have more of a prog side than TSO does.  There are some music videos in the interview where you can check out some of the songs from the latest album.  :-)  Some super talented folks in the band, including two that spent time with TSO: Greg Smith (Ted Nugent/Rainbow), Karl Scully (The Irish Tenors), Tony Gaynor (TSO), Steve Brown (Def Leppard/Trixter), John O.Reilly (TSO/Rainbow/BOC) and more.  

Edited by relayer924 - November 16 2019 at 10:56
 Post Reply Post Reply