Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Ears

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive Ears
    Posted: November 11 2019 at 14:22
Any members here use Progressive Ears forum? What are your thoughts?

I was recently banned because Poisoned Youth, an administrator, did not like my sarcastic comments. I don't want to anger anyone, just having fun. Hope they don't can me at PA.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - November 11 2019 at 15:56
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 14:55
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Any members here use this forum. What are your thoughts?

I was recently banned because Poisoned Youth, an administrator, did not like my sarcastic comments. I don't want to anger anyone, just having fun. Hope they don't can me at PA.
Maybe you were banned for being too grumpy. Wink As it happens, I used this forum today to post my "Prague Archives" blog. Smile I also use this forum for posting my album reviews.

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 11 2019 at 15:00
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 15:44
sheesh.. what does one really have to do to get banned from a prog forum.  

I've tried everything.. and still they keep me around.

Edited by micky - November 11 2019 at 15:45
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 15:55
Thanks for the heartfelt comments.

Paul, can anyone be too grumpy?

Micky, I wish I could give you some pointers. I didn't tell the w**ker to go f himself. Just a tiny sarcastic jab.

Oh well, if I get un-banned what would you do?

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 16:01
see..  thus my point.. what more was I supposed to do. I have had no problem telling people what I think. Admins included many times over the years to go f**k themselves and stay the hell out of our work... it was funny relationship we had. Some loved me.. some absolutely hated me and was returned in spades. Anyhow I think they kept me around for entertainments sake..pfff...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 17:33

Micky, I wish I could give you some pointers. I didn't tell the w**ker to go f himself. Just a tiny sarcastic jab.

Send them a message and ask them what you did to get yourself banned. Tell them you didn't have any malicious intent and they will probably let you back in with a warning.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 11 2019 at 17:34
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 17:38
I've commented on Prog Ears for several years. Chances are, if you don't behave like a certifiable douche-bag nothing will happen. Unless, of course, you are an alter ego of Svetonio, and then you get banned whenever you show up. And rightly so.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 17:40
oh man.. god I miss Svetty...   we've had some characters here.. some real characters.. I mean freaks of modern chemistry....but he was a true top 5'r for sure...
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 17:43
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

oh man.. god I miss Svetty...   we've had some characters here.. some real characters.. I mean freaks of modern chemistry....but he was a true top 5'r for sure...

It wasn't really what he said, but rather how many times he said it. The repetitively repeated repetition made Mosh's "only the hits" comments seem novel and unique.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 17:45

No, I suppose not. Being grumpy never did Rick Wakeman's reputation any harm. Smile
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 17:49
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

It wasn't really what he said, but rather how many times he said it. The repetitively repeated repetition made Mosh's "only the hits" comments seem novel and unique.

oh I enjoyed our political.. ideological discussions.. you could hear his teeth gnash through the internet cable every time you reminded him how we blew his nations toy air force out of the sky and showed what happened when professional soliders meet thugs and murderers... you go your asses kicked and your country bombed back into the stoneage...

oh the good old days.. he was a last gasp of the great days when .. good God Greg.. we had personalities here.

the suggestions thing? I supposed I was retired by then and could care less.. but he was fun to engage one on one.  

Edited by micky - November 11 2019 at 17:50
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 18:30
I go there from tie to time, just to see what's going on. sorry they banned you. Hopefully you'll stay here without any incidents.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 18:38

I've commented on Prog Ears for several years. Chances are, if you don't behave like a certifiable douche-bag nothing will happen. Unless, of course, you are an alter ego of Svetonio, and then you get banned whenever you show up. And rightly so.

He's on here under  a different user name and as far as I know hasn't been banned(yet).
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 19:23
Appreciate all the comments. I'm only banned for a month, but haven't decided what to do after that. Go for a lifetime ban in a blaze of glory post?

Anyway, I like PA better, so if I piss anyone off tell me and I'll try and do better, maybe.

Cheers
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 19:38

Appreciate all the comments. I'm only banned for a month, but haven't decided what to do after that. Go for a lifetime ban in a blaze of glory post?

Anyway, I like PA better, so if I piss anyone off tell me and I'll try and do better, maybe.

Cheers

What exactly were you banned for? Did they give you a reason? 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 11 2019 at 20:48
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 20:16
If Cozy banned him you know it was for more than one event and was after at least a couple of warnings. Some people wear it as a badge of honor.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 01:11
This is the first time I've heard of the Progressive Ears forum.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 02:32

sheesh.. what does one really have to do to get banned from a prog forum.  
I've tried everything.. and still they keep me around.
Well, you are our resident troll of honour hereLOLHug

calling him a w**ker won't help. Stern Smile

After a warning or two, Cozy asked you: "You really want to do this? "... And I guess you did

But bans are quicker happening there than here, that's for sure, but I saw yours coming.

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

He's on here under  a different user name and as far as I know hasn't been banned(yet).

Well, Svetie never lasts more than three weeks in PE... He can't help himself acting his usual self

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

This is the first time I've heard of the Progressive Ears forum.

And TBH, I wish you hadn't. Nuke
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 04:30
I tried to get banned because Sean Trane was a member (Wink) but they never did it. Go figure.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 04:53
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I tried to get banned because Sean Trane was a member (Wink) but they never did it. Go figure.

Of course you got banned, on the condition that you returned here LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>