Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Ears

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 04:59
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

sheesh.. what does one really have to do to get banned from a prog forum.  
I've tried everything.. and still they keep me around.
Well, you are our resident troll of honour hereLOLHug

Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Micky, I wish I could give you some pointers. I didn't tell the w**ker to go f himself. Just a tiny sarcastic jab.

Oh well, if I get un-banned what would you do?

calling him a w**ker won't help. Stern Smile

After a warning or two, Cozy asked you: "You really want to do this? "... And I guess you did

But bans are quicker happening there than here, that's for sure, but I saw yours coming.

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

I've commented on Prog Ears for several years. Chances are, if you don't behave like a certifiable douche-bag nothing will happen. Unless, of course, you are an alter ego of Svetonio, and then you get banned whenever you show up. And rightly so.

He's on here under  a different user name and as far as I know hasn't been banned(yet).

Well, Svetie never lasts more than three weeks in PE... He can't help himself acting his usual self

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

This is the first time I've heard of the Progressive Ears forum.

And TBH, I wish you hadn't. Nuke
Don't worry, I'm not for one moment contemplating leaving ProgArchives and going over to listen to Progressive Ears instead. Smile
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 06:03
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

This is the first time I've heard of the Progressive Ears forum.

And yet a few hours ago you said you'd recently posted on it?................
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 07:57
I remember going to a show in Seattle a few years back, don't remember which one, and striking up a conversation with a group of people. The topic of online forums came up and most just said they visited band sites on Facebook. I asked if anyone used PA and one guy literally turned his nose up and said in comically foppish tone, "oh no, Progressive Ears". I had heard of it but not visited at that point, but that certainly wasn't a big sell.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 08:32
I am remaining loyal to PA. Anyway, I would probably get confused as to which forum I had posted something on and at my age I do not need much more to confuse me into a zombie like stupor...at which point people would think I was a Leonard Cohen fan...

Edited by M27Barney - November 12 2019 at 08:33
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 08:34
Hi,

I don't frequent other places in this subject of music at all ... I have checked a few and they are ... so ordinary, for my tastes and sometimes even more exclusive about the definition and stand by the top of the pops groups in "Progressive Music" ... and (again) the only thing that bothers me about them all, and it happens to a degree here although some Admins DO KNOW THEIR HISTORY really well, is that too much of the music is relegated to second rate and third rate status because it did not come from London, or Kansas, or one band from Canada.

I will always try to help the rest of the European scene that was so valuable to what "became" known as "progressive music" ... and I can see connections in the whole thing, but you have to be aware of literature, art and film, to be able to see all of it ... it's like saying that Fellini was not a director that did not influence many English directors, with his "I don't care style" ... that eventually brought out folks like Ken Russell to the front real quick ... and to say that it did not happen in literature or any other arts, is ... for the most part ... ignorant! 

Edited by moshkito - November 12 2019 at 08:36
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 08:42
I used to run my own online music site at one time until the money ran out in 2015.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 09:12
They banned you for being sarcastic?!

I surely won't go over there.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 09:16
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

They banned you for being sarcastic?!

I surely won't go over there.

They don't ban sarcasm, I've been a member there for over a decade.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 09:21
There are those that have a hard time differentiating sarcasm and abrasiveness. Not saying that's the case here because I don't know the details, but standards of social interaction sometimes get scewed.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 10:09
although I don’t post there as often as I do here, I regard PE as being a very well moderated forum, and my experience is you only get banned if you deserve it.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 10:14
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

although I don’t post there as often as I do here, I regard PE as being a very well moderated forum, and my experience is you only get banned if you deserve it.

No one would dare to ban Sir Humphrey from ProgArchives. Questions would be asked in the House if that were to happen. Smile
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 10:17
Using humour on a prog site is much more risky than sarcasm if you ask me.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 11:31
Progressive Ears is the music mancave of our home.   I live in PA and my husband inhabits Progressive Ears.  
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 11:35
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Progressive Ears is the music mancave of our home.   I live in PA and my husband inhabits Progressive Ears.  

What's his ID?
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 11:48

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I tried to get banned because Sean Trane was a member (Wink) but they never did it. Go figure.

Of course you got banned, on the condition that you returned here LOL

Big G is the only PA member I know who's practising self-exclusion. He banned himself (with trumpets and fanfare) at least three times for various reasons but he always returns.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 12:23

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I tried to get banned because Sean Trane was a member (Wink) but they never did it. Go figure.

Of course you got banned, on the condition that you returned here LOL
ok wiseguy I'm going back to PE. I've only banned myself twice from there. LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 14:20
I will preface this with I have no idea of what happened this time as I didn't see the incident, and I suspect posts may have been removed with the 'offensive' content, but...

PE has always seemed a bit weird to me how they deal with banning members. Sometimes the rope is really short (and I don't mean in cases with Svetty, who deserves to be banned everytime he returns) but sometimes the rope is enormous. I hate to say it as it's only suspicion, but it seems like that length is tied to how well you are known there. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 14:58
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

PE has always seemed a bit weird to me how they deal with banning members. Sometimes the rope is really short (and I don't mean in cases with Svetty, who deserves to be banned everytime he returns) but sometimes the rope is enormous. I hate to say it as it's only suspicion, but it seems like that length is tied to how well you are known there. 

I would describe it the same way, very cliquey.

Here is the thread no posts removed.
www.progressiveears.org/forum/showthread.php/24877-Top-five-for-2019

The ban came with my response to Poisoned Youth's top albums of 1969 thread, I repeated his comment in my thread. "This may come as a shock...but I still have several albums from 1969 to get to before I'd be satisfied calling this a final list (I know...right?)." Seems like he kind of mocked my post when he created his post.

Anyway I'm 60, blunt and grumpy. I can't be PC and play games. If I offend others don't take it personal.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - November 12 2019 at 15:15
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 15:20
Yep it was my comment in his 1969 thread.

I saw the humor in it. Oh well.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - November 12 2019 at 15:20
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2019 at 15:24
^^ Looks like 'abus de pouvoir' to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>