Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Claypool Lennon Delirium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Claypool Lennon Delirium
    Posted: November 13 2019 at 06:53
Anyone heard their new album South of Reality?  Psychedelic grooves with hooks and a tiny bit of prog. Didn't know Sean was such a decent guitarist. Vocally, he sounds just like his dad. Claypool is a monster bass player. Love his tone and the fact that you can hear the bass in the mix. I'm impressed.

Any other fans want to share?

Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2019 at 07:28
I've been hearing it about on the various prog and related radio shows that I frequent.  Love the music!
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2019 at 08:28
It's not generated much buzz here, but I rather enjoy it. They were just added to Eclectic not long ago.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2019 at 10:13
I've only dipped my big toe into Lennon/Claypool but what I've heard so far intrigues me. I was never a Primus fan and I'm glad to see Les branch out into other genres.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2019 at 10:26
South of Reality is a solid four-star album. Favorite tracks are Amethyst Realm and Blood and Rockets.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2019 at 13:31
I knew I saw a thread about this somewhere! Yeah, YouTube suggested Blood and Rockets.
Very impressed but there's a wink that comes across as more smug than Daevid Allen welcome.
It's still a superb idea and at last I can ask for "South of Reality" for a Christmas present!
Looking forward to getting further with the album and meeting myself at both the end of my life and second before clicking on YouTube.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2019 at 04:58
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

I've only dipped my big toe into Lennon/Claypool but what I've heard so far intrigues me. I was never a Primus fan and I'm glad to see Les branch out into other genres.

I'm not sure that you have to be a fan of anything to hear some of the stuff that Claypool puts together ... and this album, like so many others (PF stuff anyone? ... and BETTER!) ... stands up really nice.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply