Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizen Cain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roge3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizen Cain
    Posted: November 15 2019 at 11:24
Does anybody know why it is impossible (at least for me)to find in the web a live performance of Citizen Cain?

Edited by Roge3 - November 15 2019 at 11:26
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 13:04
Originally posted by Roge3 Roge3 wrote:

Does anybody know why it is impossible (at least for me)to find in the web a live performance of Citizen Cain?

Maybe because it is spelled "Citizen Kane"?
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 13:35
Have they ever played live?
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2019 at 10:28
Originally posted by MortSahlFan MortSahlFan wrote:

Nope.

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=61
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2019 at 17:04
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Nope.

Wasn't Bill Nelson that had a piece full of bits and pieces from the movie? ... the only other bit I know about is Guy Guden, who has done satirical bits time and time again for some 40+ years on this film, and its valuable story and comments! Otherwise I am not familiar with the band listed above as yet!

Edited by moshkito - November 16 2019 at 17:05
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2019 at 02:06
I'm not aware of any live performances recording, which is a shame because Cyrus was very theatrical.
Somewhere But Yesterday is one of my favourite albums!
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 09:49
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Nope.

Right. The movie is Citizen Kain but the band is Citizen Cane. Anyone who makes such a comment is obviously not familiar with the band.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 14:58
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

The movie is Citizen Kain but the band is Citizen Cane.
Nope, the movie is Citizen Kane and the band is Citizen Cain.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 15:13
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

The movie is Citizen Kain but the band is Citizen Cane.
Nope, the movie is Citizen Kane and the band is Citizen Cain.

I guess I'm not that familiar with the band either then. LOL Good catch and thanks for the correction. Who else on here can laugh at themselves when they make an error? Nobody right because no one else makes errors? LOL
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 15:40
^ Hey mister clean, you're dirty now too.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 16:15
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

^ Hey mister clean, you're dirty now too.

LOL

Prog is a dirty business. Wink
DevilsInTheDetails View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevilsInTheDetails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 05:06
Hello I haven’t heard anything by Citizen Cain, so i’m looking for recommendations please thank you’s there’s a few albums to add to my collection hopefully thanks once again
Mad As A March Hare
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 07:33
Serpents in camouflage & Somewhere but yesterday are the 2 that I have by them; I remember they made a couple of albums in the 2000's the last of which I read somewhere was very good but then they split (or Cyrus retired.. I think he was a fair bit older than the others).. in truth I don't know much about them though I do really like the 2 lps I first mentioned.. very much in the early Marillion mould.

Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 08:18
this brings so many memories...

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 11:47
Some fun facts About the band:

The original Citizen Cain (see the Ghost Dance Album) was founded out of the ashes of a
band called "Not Quite Red Fox" who are only known because they fired Fish for not
being a good enough singer after his first gig with them.

Actually Marillion offered (in an very early stage) Cyrus the Job as their singer after
a gig where both bands played. Cyrus would have taken the Job but both sides where
to drunk to exchange phone numbers that evening.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2020 at 00:39
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Serpents in camouflage & Somewhere but yesterday are the 2 that I have by them; I remember they made a couple of albums in the 2000's the last of which I read somewhere was very good but then they split (or Cyrus retired.. I think he was a fair bit older than the others).. in truth I don't know much about them though I do really like the 2 lps I first mentioned.. very much in the early Marillion mould.

Totally agree two amazing albumsClap
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2020 at 00:40
Originally posted by Prog-jester Prog-jester wrote:

this brings so many memories...

Ooh YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2020 at 00:41
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Some fun facts About the band:

The original Citizen Cain (see the Ghost Dance Album) was founded out of the ashes of a
band called "Not Quite Red Fox" who are only known because they fired Fish for not
being a good enough singer after his first gig with them.

Actually Marillion offered (in an very early stage) Cyrus the Job as their singer after
a gig where both bands played. Cyrus would have taken the Job but both sides where
to drunk to exchange phone numbers that evening.

Wow that`s interesting never know that...

Music Is Live

<
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2023 at 04:16
A bunch of Citizen Cain live recordings from the Serpents in Camouflage lineup appeared on their channel some time ago!

Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2023 at 04:43
CITIZEN CAIN    A very Abel Neo Prog band with a singer trying his best to sound like Peter Gabriel. Proving once again that you can't keep a good band down, Citizen Cain have featured an ever-changing line-up over their twenty year career with more revivals than Lazarus. Just when you've given Citizen Cain up for dead, they're back again with another album and another change of line-up, with Stewart Bell and  Albus Dumbledore lookalike George Scott "Cyrus" being the only two permanent members. It's been over ten years now since we last had a new album from Citizen Cain, with their latest, nightmarish Dream Theater-style album: "Skies Darken",  commemorating the victims of 9/11. Who knows if we'll see a new album from Citizen Cain in the near future in the fickle and unpredictable music business. After all, in an unpredictable world gone mad, who would've guessed that someone eating a bat in Wuhan, China, would cause Great Britain to run out of lavatory paper. Confused

George Scott "Cyrus" - alias Albus Dumbledore
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>