Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Tangerine Dream Live Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2019 at 02:42
I thought you may be interested to know you can see Tangerine Dream Live on my "Electronica Eclectica Galactica" thread. Smile
Ghost Whistler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost Whistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2019 at 02:05
They seem to be included on this site under the banner of Prog. 

I've listened to a lot of their stuff over the years, but the period that's stuck with me the most is the early eighties period from Exit to Le Parc. White Eagle, Exit, Logos and Poland (Hyperborea is ok, not as good) are my avourites. 

The latter two are live albums but for some reason don't seem to feature the band playing 'the hits', as it were. They are long unique pieces. I've never heard another band do this. Does anyone know why this is? 

I know that Livemiles (from their subsquent period) is cobbled together from songs in the live set into two live pieces. Is that the case with Poland and Logos, because they are both great albums
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12