Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Plastic Dogs at Kobe Big Apple (Japan) 16.11.2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plastic Dogs at Kobe Big Apple (Japan) 16.11.2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plastic Dogs at Kobe Big Apple (Japan) 16.11.2019
    Posted: November 16 2019 at 10:42

November 16, 2019 ... Finally cold winter has come to Japan. However, we have higher temperature at Kobe Big Apple, a fantastic venue. A Nagoya-based aggressive attractive avantgarde/ jazz / metallic quartet PLASTIC DOGS get here at such a hot night.

The leader and the alto-saxophonist Ryoko ONO looks sincere and too shy shy ... also upon MCs between songs. But trust me, her saxophone play is pretty explosive and crazy fascinating. Their songs all, composed by her, are incredibly complicated, violent, and of course impressive.

Tsuyoshii HAYASHI, the manager of a heavy guitar, is kinda killer. His speedy guitar play drives us mad. His fingers upon playing move toooo fast for us the audience to detect nor to see, surprisingly (Ryoko says his fingers look like one scene in an "exaggerated" manga / cartoon).

Yuji MUTO, the grind guitar magician, is another madness. His fuzzy, jazzy, metal-y guitar play should season their soundscape too aggressively. Diversity upon his guitar play does such a brilliant work. Ryoko calls him a virtuoso and it makes sense definitely.

Kota UEJI, a superb drummer, is the youngest of all the quartet, but his drumming technique must support everything around the combo. He looks modest and reticent, though ... their complex soundgarden is created by his turf.

The four excellent talents, instrumental techniques, and strong intention for producing such innovative melodic / rhythmic lines ... all can get merged, unified, and synchronized perfectly. Yuji's said it's crazy tough for them to play these songs without any distortion (their debut opus just tells us so) and they have done all the songs in a complete manner. What a fascination.

(Takin' a rest ...)

(Quite surprised at Tsuyoshi's machinegun play)

Anyway a gig is interesting indeed.  Gorgeous and gracious is Ryoko's saxophone solo performance in "Zodiac". Kota's feint attack, drastic guitar solos by Tsuyoshi and Yuji, or confused talk ... really interests the audience. And it's wonderful that Ryoko play the alto saxophone hard and seriously but she gets no hyperventilation nor headache owing to overplaying lol.

In conclusion, let me say thanks to the quartet all for providing such an excellent gig and fantastic moment. Their performance is so tremendous enough for us to break our cervical spine and vaporize their playlist noted by me away sadly! (I'll ask Yuji later.)

EDIT: Yuji's PMed me about the playlist. Thanks Yuji. Big smile
1st Section
OXO
Supernova
Fiona
Rune
Delvaux
Javastrobeck

2nd Section
Zhanguitt
Zodiac
Auglydian Pentadiminate
Gestenst
Humming
Blood Sugar (encore)

Thank you for reading this live performance review.

Edited by DamoXt7942 - November 16 2019 at 17:31
 Post Reply Post Reply