Poll Question: Choose one
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [33.33%]
8 [66.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Master of Time or Inside and Out
    Posted: November 21 2019 at 07:50
Okay, one last before I return to the darkness of my cave waiting for spring.

Big Big Train & Anthony Phillips or Genesis...and which one to choose, I have no idea.

Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 11:08
Tough call - went with Genesis (thank you Mr. Hackett).
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 12:44
I think both are really good pieces, and I enjoy them very much, though I prefer Anthony Phillips' version more than Big Big Train's . I'll vote for Inside Out though, but not by much.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 13:30
option #1 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 18:11
Inside and out is a great song that should have been on W&W instead of your own special way--the subject matter is very strange and the music perfect to create the strange mood---as it sounds so pretty and magical.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 18:52
*flip coin*

Inside
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 19:28
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I think both are really good pieces, and I enjoy them very much, though I prefer Anthony Phillips' version more than Big Big Train's . I'll vote for Inside Out though, but not by much.

Thought the original MoT was a bit too lightweight (but excellent Indeed) to compete with I&O and that fantastic BBT cover is a slightly better matchup for the mighty Genesis.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 20:23
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Inside and out is a great song that should have been on W&W instead of your own special way--the subject matter is very strange and the music perfect to create the strange mood---as it sounds so pretty and magical.

They are very vague about it if you ask me...don't know what he has done or how many years he spent inside. Don't look like murder, something sexual maybe (with that behind you, you can't plan ahead). Must be quite serious though since it looks like a life sentence, he's out but they're keeping a firm eye on him (they'll never let you go!). The line: ''and now that you've paid for those lies, get another disguise'' is puzzling. Was it a frame up?

Lots of unanswered questions and part of the charm. Outstanding song.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2019 at 22:09
^Not too vague they lay it out pretty straight forward -- its sexual (like with an underage rape of a girl so I have read--a guy falsely accused) and perhaps  based on a story in the news---like other Genesis tales like Battle of Epping. Wiki says the inside part in the guy in jail--the outside part--instrumental -- is when he's released from jail.

Edited by twosteves - November 21 2019 at 22:13
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2019 at 08:26
^ Poor dude, can't think of anything worse. A paria for life since the outside can be as cruel as the inside with these sort of things...even if you're innocent.

Remind me of the movie 'The Hunt' with Mads Mikkelsen.
 Post Reply Post Reply