Poll Question: Fragile or Meddle?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
46 [58.97%]
32 [41.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 02:49
Fragile!
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 04:00
I'd rather go heavy on the Meddle.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 05:10
Even with some weak tracks on the "shorts" side, "Echoes" is my top 1 track, so neither a great album like Fragile can beat it.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 05:20
Fragile gets the nod.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Mudpuppy64 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudpuppy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 06:52
Meddle.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 08:36
Fragile is a landmark album nothing sounds like it--it has swing---and still sounds fresh and cool---Rick joined and their sound was complete--the individual songs highlight the individual talent and the group songs are the sum of those parts---it's also so important because this lineup inspired each other so much that they created a prog masterpiece next. 
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 08:53
Both have amazing songs and both have mediocre fillers. I'd go with Fragile anyways
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 09:11
Like both but voted for Fragile.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 09:25
Two very different albums that I love for very different reasons, and cannot choose one over the other.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 11:17
Although "Echoes" is my favourite Pink Floyd track, and "One of These Days" is awesome, that's not enough for me to vote for "Meddle" over "Fragile", which is my second favourite Yes album. I actually like the eclecticism of that album, though for me, it's "South Side of the Sky" that has the greatest appeal.
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 11:50
Fragile. All day.
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 12:11
Meddle is awesome

but

Fragile
Prog On!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 12:25
Fragile for me
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 13:07
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Dreamkiller View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 14:31
MeddleThumbs Up
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 14:42
Meddle
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 17:00
I love Echoes, but Fragile is a complete album throughout.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 17:05
This is cruel, but even though Meddle has Echoes, I have to go with Fragile, which for me is overall great, even with the solo spots, which I actually either find good just as well, or short enough to not harm the album. If only Wakeman had been able to include what he really wanted to contribute for his spot, as I understand it the song that became Catherine of Aragon, it would have made an important impact on the quality of the album.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 18:04
Thanks Rob.
Yeah, it gives pause. I remember that feeling too.

jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 18:21
Fragile.

Meddle is Pink Floyd's weakest and least innovative album.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>