Poll Question: Fragile or Meddle?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
46 [58.97%]
32 [41.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 18:43
Fragile today.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 19:54
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Fragile today.

Awww...do you need a hug?

Edited by The Dark Elf - December 02 2019 at 19:54
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 02:47
Meddle for me
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 03:12
Fragile kicking some butt from behind, and Meddle a slow but steady tortoise?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 06:37
Fra-gee-lay, all day

Echoes is, of course, great but the album track lacks almost everything great that the far superior Live At Pompeii Version of Echoes has and the rest of the album, other than One of These Days does little for me.  

Edited by Jeffro - December 05 2019 at 05:05
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
Braka1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 11:57
Both are wonderful. Both have non-essential tracks. I thought I was going to vote for Fragile, but surprised myself for voting for Meddle. Only reason I can come up with is that its weak moments are less numerous.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 12:16
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Fragile today.

Awww...do you need a hug?

hehehe
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 12:43
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

<span style="font-size: 13px;">Fragile.</span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;">
<span style="font-size: 13px;">
</span>
Meddle is Pink Floyd's weakest and least innovative album.</span>

Well, I think with Echoes (and One of These Days) they actually nailed what would become their classic sound, but besides those 2, I don't really find much to love (though there are still a few nice songs left on the album, and some I really prefer not to listen to).
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 14:24
Fragile is the one I still play.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 15:21
Meddle, obviously.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 16:24
Fragile.....Roundabout, South Side, Runaround and Heart.....killer tracks imho.
Meddle has side 2, Echoes...side 1 is ...well ,pick your own adjective.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formentera Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 21:58
Fragile
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2019 at 01:29
Fragile.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Libor10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libor10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2019 at 09:50
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

For me its less of not liking the solo pieces as its more of just thinking that their other albums are better. It is good, but I always have enjoyed the yes album and the 3 that follow fragile a lot more. I do enjoy every song on meddle besides seamus but... meh I can look past that. One thing from Fragile that has always alluded me is Heart of the Sunrise. It seems everyone dearly loves that song but it's just never appealed to me for some reason. Ouch

I'm glad I'm not alone on this big big world. Exactly what I always thought about Fragile. Well, it's quite good but I like albums before and after it (much) more. The passing years changed nothing on this fact (and I speak about almost 35 years I listen to music Yes including).
On the other side Meddle wasn't my favourite PF album first. Maybe I could say I almost detested it first (it had surely something to do with fact my twin brother adored PF and I had to be in opposition to him - Meddle was then the first PF record I could hit to :-D ) During the years I've been finding it better and better. Today it's one of my dearly loved pieces from Floyds.
And thus my vote goes to... Meddle.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2019 at 13:36
^ For me Fragile is among the very best of Yes, along with CttE (the ones with the perfect line-up as far as I'm concerned, and it can be heard on the music). The Yes album might actually be among the ones I like least, since the only song I really like on it is Starship Trooper, and then the version that I love is the one on Keys to Ascension, to the point that I find the original studio version rather underwhelming by comparison. As for Tales, well, I do love Revealing Science of God, but I do struggle with the other songs. And about Heart of the Sunrise, it's actually a difficult song for me too... it becomes too repetitive and too varied at the same time, and that makes it somewhat annoying, though I have come to apreciate it with time... yet, the version that I have really come to love of that song is the one on An Evening of Yes Music by ABWH.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 08:43
Meddle is great album but its Fragile for me 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 08:56
Pink Floyd - Meddle
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123