Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [42.00%]
29 [58.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 16:24
Tough one. Selling England is my favourite of the lot, but The Lamb is my least favourite. On the other hand, Foxtrot has Supper's Ready. Still, I guess the first option.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 18:52
Foxtrot+Nursery Cryme. There's too much wasted space on Lamb and SEbtP. 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 21:14
Selling England and Lamb are really perfect---the other two have a few songs on each that are not great but it may have to do a lot with the production value.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 22:10
The first choiuce, but it's very close.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 02:49
Foxtrot is my favorite Genesis album, but I have to pick the other pairing because I prefer those two as a team vs Foxtrot and NC.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 03:17
SEBTP & The Lamb
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
friso View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 06:43
Nursery Cryme vs the other three. Still Nursery Cryme for me.
I'm guitarist and songwriter for the prog-related band Mother Bass. Find us at http://www.motherbass.com. I also enter stages throughout the Netherlands performing my poetry.
Braka1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 08:59
Nursery Fox - though you could have paired Trespass with either of those and it would still get my vote.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 10:30
Selling England - 1
The Lamb - 2

Nursey Cryme - 3
Foxtrot - 4
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 15:27
Selling England & The Lamb, mainly because nothing beats the Lamb
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
axeman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 22:53
I need that meme of the guy sweating over two buttons. I feel that Crymes is such a close second to my favorite, Selling. But I don't want to vote against Crymes either. 

And it bolstered by Foxtrot as opposed to Lamb..., but it would be the first time in any poll where I clicked a button other than one for Selling....
-John
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 23:00
Although I really like the early Genesis albums right before SEBTP I voted for SEBTP and Lamb. One of the factors for me is the presence of synths on those albums. For whatever reason Tony Banks never got around to purchasing a synthesizer until 1973 so those early ones were a little bit behind the game in the technology department for the time(although still very good). 
Frankh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 23:41
Flame me if you will, but I refuse to accept the initial premise.

lol

Mentally, I have always paired Foxtrot and Selling England.

The last album they did without synths and the first one they did with them.

Two of the finest albums any band has ever done in succession.

The one before and the one after weren't too shabby either. But those two, man. Those two...

(...all that bloviating, and I went with the earlier two, lol...)

Edited by Frankh - December 06 2019 at 23:45
Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2019 at 14:23
A vote for my two favorite Genesis albums: Foxtrot+Nursery Cryme

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12