Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genesis Solo Artists Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which Genesis solo artist do you like best of all?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [10.53%]
1 [1.75%]
19 [33.33%]
5 [8.77%]
23 [40.35%]
3 [5.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2019 at 05:29
Not really sure how to vote so I probably won't. Haven't heard Banks or Phillips stuff. Smallcreep's Day is pretty nice but don't like Mike and the Mechanics. I only like a smattering of Gabriel's and Hackett's stuff BUT I have come to despise Phil Collin's solo work. Face Value has some good moments but most of what came after it is just awful. Hard to believe this is the guy who was involved in one of the biggest prog bands of the 70s and Brand X. Not sure how you go from that to sappy pop crap.

Edited by Jeffro - December 09 2019 at 05:30
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2019 at 07:12
At least Mike Rutherford has picked up a sympathy vote from someone for his two solo albums. Smile
tamijo_II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tamijo_II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2019 at 07:29
PG with lightyearsl
Same person as this profile:
Tamijo
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2019 at 09:28
I think the Genesis members did much better in solo projects than those of the other "Big Six." 

Voted for Ant though could've voted any but Tony. 

Curious that group-acknowledged-Genesis MVP Tony never seemed to realize all that amazing talent in his solo projects. 
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2019 at 10:22
I've just reviewed Tony Banks' first album "A Curious Feeling" today and I Love it. Another five-star masterpiece!
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2019 at 19:47
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Not really sure how to vote so I probably won't. Haven't heard Banks or Phillips stuff. Smallcreep's Day is pretty nice but don't like Mike and the Mechanics. I only like a smattering of Gabriel's and Hackett's stuff BUT I have come to despise Phil Collin's solo work. Face Value has some good moments but most of what came after it is just awful. Hard to believe this is the guy who was involved in one of the biggest prog bands of the 70s and Brand X. Not sure how you go from that to sappy pop crap.

Haha. You know, I'm not afraid to admit this as I've already turned in my prog card a while back. If I could only listen to Phil Collins and Donald Fagen(maybe Lionel Richie also) for the rest of my life.. I'd be happy. I'd love it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2019 at 00:41
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Probably because there's a lot more money to be made by recording "sappy pop crap". Tongue
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2019 at 10:14
PG for me
Prog On!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123