Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I want 20 minutes (and more) long songs!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2019 at 11:10
^ In the case of Four Moments and Imaginary Voyage, the track names are suffixed with Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4, so it's obviously one piece of music. But in the case of The Death Defying Unicorn, it's only when one listens to it that it becomes clear that it's one piece of music (even if it's split over 2 CDs).

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2019 at 14:47
Also, so far I have released 3 symphonic prog rock songs that are over 20 minutes long.
Track 3 and 4 of Epic May and Walking the Wavelength, the single track EP. I recorded these in sub-par conditions in my bedroom. ;p Hopefully you'll enjoy 'em.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2019 at 17:10
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Also, so far I have released 3 symphonic prog rock songs that are over 20 minutes long.
Track 3 and 4 of Epic May and Walking the Wavelength, the single track EP. I recorded these in sub-par conditions in my bedroom. ;p Hopefully you'll enjoy 'em.

Hey Czyszy! Just got your message on RYM. Listening to your album now and it is DEFINITELY prog so gladly adding your epic tracks on my list and first song sounds cool so glad to hear some new cool music from Poland. I loved visiting your country!

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2019 at 21:00
Jade Warrior - Waves (Waves I and Waves II = side and side 2)
Agren/Kaiser/Gunn - Invisible Rays (title track 22:19)

If you like Space Rock, then:
Henry Kaiser and Bob Bralove - Positively Space Music (Unambiguous Equanimity, disc 2, 26:46 minutes)
Amon Düül II - Phallus Dei (title track)

If you like avant-garde, then:
Frank Zappa - Lumpy Gravy part 1 and part 2
Henry Kaiser - Leaps (title track 24:51)
Henry Kaiser - Requia and Other Improvisations for Guitar Solo (Requiem for Fred Lieberman 21:56)
Henry Kaiser - Lemon Fish Tweezer (It’s a Wonderful Life 24:19)

A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
flyingveepixie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingveepixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2019 at 06:26

I've got a bunch of 20 minute plus tracks on several of my releases too if anyone can be arsed going over to Bandcamp to listen to them..LOL   Produced and mastered as close to pro standard as I can possibly get them with extremely limited studio facilities...Clap

Edited by flyingveepixie - December 15 2019 at 13:14
RoeDent View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoeDent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2019 at 07:28
A lot of my recommendations are mentioned already. If these tracks are already mentioned, I apologise.

Australian band Southern Empire's two albums each have a "mega-epic" on them. The Bridge That Binds (28:24) and Crossroads (29:12). Both are wonderful compositions, with powerful vocals.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2019 at 19:21
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ if you're talking about my list, the cutoff point was 20 minutes. I added tracks in the 19 minute range as NEAR MISSES. If i extended to 15 minutes or something it would be huuuuuuuuuuge. 20 minutes was the cutoff point because that was roughly the length of a side of vinyl during the classic era

Sorry, it's just my own list, and in the end I didn't pay so much attention at what had already been recommended (I did try, but didn't go out of my way to remember everything that had already been mentioned). However, I did have in mind that what was being asked was about over 20 min songs, but I did love some that didn't really get to that length, so I did make sure to specify those cases.
Schecter View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 06:36
https://effalente.bandcamp.com/album/the-effa-lente-configuration-parts-1-4

45 minutes
Ferrochrome View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferrochrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2019 at 17:50
Trace - Birds/Birds Suite (22:01)
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2019 at 23:24
Wigwam: a Joined to Conscience (from Fairyport album, includes parts Fairyport, Gray Traitors, Cafffkaff, the Country Psychologist & May Your Will Be Done, Dear Lord
Jukka Gustavson: ...Jaloa Ylepyttä Yletän...Ylevää Nöyryyttä Nousen
Caravan: Nine Feet Underground
Magma: Wurdah Itah
Amon Düül II: Phallus Dei
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2019 at 09:07
Wait, Serbia? I thought in 75 the country didn't exist se per se cause it was a part of Yugoslavia? I dunno really. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2019 at 09:52

Wait, Serbia? I thought in 75 the country didn't exist se per se cause it was a part of Yugoslavia? I dunno really. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In '75 a lot of countries didn't exist offically and some who did do not anymore…

Believe me the peoples in Yugoslavia didn't really feel like one people...
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2020 at 05:31
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

^ In the case of Four Moments and Imaginary Voyage, the track names are suffixed with Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4, so it's obviously one piece of music. But in the case of The Death Defying Unicorn, it's only when one listens to it that it becomes clear that it's one piece of music (even if it's split over 2 CDs).
Another concept album, though it is split into several tracks, is actually a single piece of music, is Nektar - Journey To The Centre Of The Eye.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
vinylprogger View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinylprogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2020 at 07:50
I would recommend the "Transatlantic" cataloque.  Many of the their songs are 30 minutes or more.
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 11:35
a tab in the ocean -nektar
close to edge - yes
tarkus Emerson lake and palmer
cgynus x-11 -rush
a passion play - jethro tull
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123