Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are you hoping Santa makes it a proggy Christmas?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are you hoping Santa makes it a proggy Christmas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are you hoping Santa makes it a proggy Christmas?
    Posted: December 19 2019 at 09:54
Anyone hoping for some cool stuff to listen to for the Holidays or maybe some new musical gear to play? 
 What's on your prog Christmas list? 

Edited by Argo2112 - December 19 2019 at 09:54
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 09:58
I'm hoping to get any massive vinyl boxset, preferably from King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, Yes or Pink Floyd, but vinyl being the key word.

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 10:04
Oh it will be.
I gave my sister-in-law my vinyl request list a few weeks ago so I know I'm in for some goodies.
Mostly classics to replace the gaps in my collection after the 80's CD fiasco.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 10:25
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Oh it will be.
I gave my sister-in-law my vinyl request list a few weeks ago so I know I'm in for some goodies.

What's a CD???

All my family has a list of records I desire. Wife bought me two records at the Pineapple Thief show past Saturday off the merch table, kinda sorta don't count I told her LOL.
I know someone bought me a couple of the new jazz BlueNote 80 Series, box came to my house!! 
Of course I pretend not to notice.....
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 10:27
I got the new Sid Smith King Crimson book for xmas, bought it myself.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 10:45
I'll shoot anyone who gives me another copy of CTTE as a gift. Angry  A new tie would be just fine. Smile

Edited by SteveG - December 20 2019 at 06:01
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 10:56
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I'll shoot anyone who gives another copy of CTTE as a gift. Angry  A new tie would be just fine. Smile

What about the new Steve Wilson mono-quadraphonic 8 track remix with the extended dance mix of Siberian Khatru? A must have for every Yes Fan! LOL
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 11:39
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Same here but I don't have a good feeling about it.
Got the news from DGM US but they were asking $22 CAN for shipping...no way, baby.

Pre-ordered it from a Canadian library for $30 / free shipping but they refunded me a month later without any explanation.

Re-ordered it from amazon at $40 ($15 less than dgm so good deal), it was supposed to arrive last week but still nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if I receive a 'lost in mail' message in a couple of weeks and by the time I place another order, Christmas will be long gone and the book probably out-of-print.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 12:20
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Same here but I don't have a good feeling about it.
Got the news from DGM US but they were asking $22 CAN for shipping...no way, baby.

Pre-ordered it from a Canadian library for $30 / free shipping but they refunded me a month later without any explanation.

Re-ordered it from amazon at $40 ($15 less than dgm so good deal), it was supposed to arrive last week but still nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if I receive a 'lost in mail' message in a couple of weeks and by the time I place another order, Christmas will be long gone and the book probably out-of-print.

It's on Wayside Music for $30 plus shipping for those in the States, I knew Steve was getting copies so waited for him to stock it.

Ian

AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 13:20
I'm hoping for 2 or 3 early Camel CDs from my daughters. I only have Rain Dances and A Live Record at the moment and I'd like to complete the set of all the Bardens era albums.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 13:22
I got the Martin Barre Band's "50 Years of Jethro Tull." What an amazing delight.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 13:41
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

What's a CD???

All my family has a list of records I desire. Wife bought me two records at the Pineapple Thief show past Saturday off the merch table, kinda sorta don't count I told her LOL.
I know someone bought me a couple of the new jazz BlueNote 80 Series, box came to my house!! 

Wow someone's been a good boy this year.

Edited by TCat - December 19 2019 at 13:41

Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 14:02
Originally posted by AlanB AlanB wrote:

I'm hoping for 2 or 3 early Camel CDs from my daughters. I only have Rain Dances and A Live Record at the moment and I'd like to complete the set of all the Bardens era albums.

Nice, I have Moonmadness on my wish list along with some other stuff.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 14:14
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I got the Martin Barre Band's "50 Years of Jethro Tull." What an amazing delight.

Great band indeed but the vocalist on the last couple of albums leaves me quite cold tbh (it don't fit really well with the Tull stuff).

Is that the same guy as on Order of Play and Back to Steel?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 21:29
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

What's a CD???

Wow someone's been a good boy this year.

I try really, really, really hard...! LOL
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2019 at 05:46
Well I know I'm getting Can - Ege Bamyasi (Vinyl) and King Crimson - ItCotCK (200g Vinyl), but I suspect some vinyl Jethro Tull will be heading in to my stocking.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2019 at 06:49

Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Oh it will be.

What's a CD???

It's sort of like an 8-Track but it only has one continuous track. WinkLOL
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2019 at 07:58
Progresiva Navidad
Progresiva Navidad
Progresiva Navidad
Prospero año y felicidad
I want to wish you a Proggy Christmas
From the bottom of my heart Big smile
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2019 at 14:59
I've just bought a Korg piano to my daughter so she will stop playing on my X5. Kidding...she is 11 years old and unexpectedly asked me to teach her some Pink Floyd tunes. It was enough for me to buy her an instrument and contact a real teacher.  
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2019 at 15:00
Cool!
Ian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>