Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlan Parsons Project Tours?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alan Parsons Project Tours?
    Posted: September 27 2005 at 17:31

Alan Parson is actually making a series of concerts in Central America!!!!!

I finally got to see an excellent musical group...

I was shocked..... Believe me it was the most incredible concert I have gone to...

They played lots of classics like "The Raven", "System of...", Psychobabble, Lucifer, Games People Play, Old and Wise, Sirius, Eye in the Sky, Wha Goes up..., and many more, for an incredible 1 hour 1/2  aprox. of fabolous sound... I really sh*ted on my pants.. it was absolutely incredible...

A friend of mine catched a pic that Alan Parson threw at the end ....

Best of Bests...

Unbelievable....

Remember that in my country its really REALLY HARD for artists, real artists, not pop s**t, to come and do a concert...

So this maybe called the first and only great concert...

Other concerts I have gone include bands like "RATA BLANCA", and jazz bands/solo artists...national artists...

Anyway have you ever gone to an Alan Parsons Concert?????

Open your mind....
Hangedman View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 17:49

Alan parsons does concerts

I thought he never gigged, well thats really cool! must have been fun to see him with so little oportunity to see similar acts.

Norm Cash View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 14:54
Rayzl

Do you know who was playing guitar? Was it Ian Bairnson? I know that Ian (and pretty much everyone else) was dropped by Parsons for the last album (A Valid Path) as he (Parsons) wanted to go in a different direction.

I was lucky enough to catch them at Shepherd's Bush Empire, London in 1997 - the On Air tour. At the time, I was subscribing to the Alan Parsons Mailing List. A regular contributor to the list was Ian Bairnson himself. Bairnson served as Parsons' guitarist on every album from "Tales Of Mystery" right through.  He was also originally from the Shetland Islands (off Scotland's north coast) and would often bemoan the fact that there weren't too many other Scots on the list. As one of the few, i took it on myself to email him off list to see if there might be a chance of meeting him for a pint when we went down to London for the gig. He promptly got back to me to say that he'd leave a pair of backstage passes for me at the box office. My girlfriend (now wife) and I watched a fantastic gig, then spent a terrific 2 or 3 hours at a backstage bar rubbing shoulders with Parsons, Arthur Brown (as in The Crazy World Of....), and of course Ian himself who after spending the first hour or so pressing the flesh SOUGHT US OUT so that he could relax with some "real people". We had a terrific chat about all kinds of stuff, and shared a beer or two. All in all, a fantastic evening.

I've always felt that Ian Bairnson is a very underrated guitarist. Everything that I've heard him play has been very much to my liking. He's definitely not flashy, but he puts a lot of emotion and expression into his playing. He's got a pretty good website that's worth checking out. (www.ianbairnson.com) Have a look at his discography. It's amazing!

"We did it....you and me! Put him right under the table!"
bluetailfly View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 14:59
Wow, I'm glad you had a good time. Sorry to hear about the pants...
"The red polygon's only desire / is to get to the blue triangle."
 Post Reply Post Reply