Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albums you no longer enjoy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2020 at 12:42
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Sad to say, but most of the old prog classics. It's been ages since I've listened to Fragile, CttE, SEbtP, The Lamb, A Trick Of The Tail, DSotM, WYWH, etc., etc. I doubt I will ever revisit them before I kick off, but never say never.

I feel the same way.....I don't often play those classics anymore...heard them too often.
Unhappy

I have and will revisit SEBTP and CTTE and WYWH, the others, posdibly not....
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 00:33
The tendancy is to select which album by the old school bands we want to listen to.
If I fancy ELP then its Brain Salad Surgery , for Yes I tend to reach for CTTE, Genesis varies between Trick and Foxtrot... etc etcc. I do think this is normal and doesn't reflect badly on these bands other efforts. There is only a certain amount of time in the day for music listening and there are still great modern bands releasing new stuff that needs attention.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 05:46
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

The tendancy is to select which album by the old school bands we want to listen to.
If I fancy ELP then its Brain Salad Surgery , for Yes I tend to reach for CTTE, Genesis varies between Trick and Foxtrot... etc etcc. I do think this is normal and doesn't reflect badly on these bands other efforts. There is only a certain amount of time in the day for music listening and there are still great modern bands releasing new stuff that needs attention.

I'm quite different; if I play the classic bands I prefer to play one I haven't visited for quite a while.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 01:18
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

I'm quite different; if I play the classic bands I prefer to play one I haven't visited for quite a while.

that's the correct approach. I'm not disciplined enough though Smile
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 04:48

Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

that's the correct approach. I'm not disciplined enough though Smile

It's not about discipline though, it's about what I feel like doing. (Although I still play the Discipline regularly and am still enjoying it. Wink)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234