Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Yes Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which track do you like best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [33.33%]
28 [49.12%]
8 [14.04%]
2 [3.51%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Yes Album
    Posted: January 11 2020 at 08:25
I know this has been done before but it's been a while and I couldn't find it. Oh well. It never hurts to update polls. Plus I thought this way would be more interesting.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 09:00
Starship Trooper is easily my favorite. It's such an uplifting song with amazing guitar playing and awesome melodies.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 09:29
They're all great songs, but Yours Is No Disgrace is my favourite.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 10:19
I remember Sarah Brightman lost her heart to a Starship Trooper and that's the YESSONG I voted for. Smile
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 10:25
Perpetual Change > Starship Trooper > I've Seen All Good People > Yours Is No Disgrace > The Clap > A Venture
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 11:05
I personally think that "Clap" stands a bit out like a sore thumb on the album because of being live. we actually made our own version of "The Yes Album" in which we replaced that track with the studio version

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 11:52
Trooper......and one of the best things they ever did...imho.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 12:53
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Trooper......and one of the best things they ever did...imho.

In general I agree but I probably prefer the live versions they did of it.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 13:02
Starship Trooper, easily, and actually, the only one I really like from this album... though I like much more the live version on Keys to Ascension, so I can actually almost do without this album at all.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 13:18
Absolutely Yours, my favorite Yes-track!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 17:39
Yours 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 22:15
Starship
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 22:54
Starship Trooper...with the never-ending outro that is still hovering in orbit around the Van Allen Belt.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 01:34
Perpetual Change even if the mid section of Starship Trooper is one of the most genius moments of prog. Yours Is No Disgrace is so much better on Yessongs imo.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 01:51
I'm the oddball Yes fan boi that doesn't care much for Starship. Give me Yours is No Disgrace.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 02:29
^I think Starship is also really great as the whole album to me, but Yours is my special Yessong.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 07:39
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

I personally think that "Clap" stands a bit out like a sore thumb on the album because of being live. we actually made our own version of "The Yes Album" in which we replaced that track with the studio version

So are you the one vote so far for "other" with "clap?"
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 07:51
I would have said Starship Trooper for years but now think I'm enjoying Yours is no Disgrace because I have heard good live versions of it.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 08:02
The yes album is just a pleasent album front to back. Love every song but especially yours is no disgrace
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 10:10
Mine is No Disgrace that I only went out and bought The Yes Album recently.  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>