8 [23.53%]
15 [44.12%]
4 [11.76%]
7 [20.59%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live Rush 76-98
    Posted: January 15 2020 at 12:37
was talking with a fellow Rush fanatic during lunchtime and we both agreed that 'Different Stages' was Rush's best live album. All excellent indeed, which one is your fav?
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 13:38
Not forgetting all the DVDs... 1 featured the most prog advertising ever - "features three new drum solos".... Soon getting around to backing up all my Rush ROIOs as well.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 13:45
ATWAS for me, that one was right when I got into Rush....I spun that record almost daily as a teen. Today the rawness and power makes more sense to me now with the Rush history.
I have Exit Stage Left and Show of Hands on VHS....both played all the time back in the tape days.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 13:49
ESL for me. I love this album.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 14:12
Exit
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 16:16
Exit gets the nod.

Welcome to the middle of the film.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 16:55
All the World's a Stage. From back when I actually liked Rush.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 19:49
Exit...Stage Left takes my vote. 
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 20:38
Easily Exit Stage Left for me.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 21:59
All the World´s for me. Exit is of course great too, but maybe little bit "studio" for me.
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 22:24
I have only heard two of these, so I won't vote. I am looking forward to a poll for after '98 because I have most of those.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 00:40
ESL. That was my introduction to Rush, and Ill always love that album.

The other three aint too shoddy either, with A show of Hands coming in close second.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 00:45
First vote for Different Stages

I never liked ATWAS for some reason ( I struggle to quantify why) and Exit Stage Left always always felt a bit sterile to me. Different Stages has a great 'feel' to it and also includes their best 90's songs. You also get the wonderful bonus disc of them playing in the UK (Hammy Odeon) in 1978.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 02:11
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I never liked ATWAS for some reason ( I struggle to quantify why) and Exit Stage Left always always felt a bit sterile to me. Different Stages has a great 'feel' to it and also includes their best 90's songs. You also get the wonderful bonus disc of them playing in the UK (Hammy Odeon) in 1978.

Yeah, Different Stages is a good package. I need to listen to it again.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 02:27
Clearly World Stage for me (I'm the nutcase you can hear on the bottom right hand of you left speaker). It was one of my very first big concerts (relative since Massey Hall didn't have more than 1500 seats, U think)

I also saw the Exit Stage Left Tour, but I don't think the concerts I attended were recorded or selected for the double live album

As for Different Stages, I listeneed to it once in its entirety and the bonus 76 disc a second time. Didn't get any mileage out of that one.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 02:28
I should pick ASoH, because that was the first I got upon release, but I love Different Stages. The live version of "Driven" is all you need hear to be convinced.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 03:00
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Clearly World Stage for me (I'm the nutcase you can hear on the bottom right hand of you left speaker). It was one of my very first big concerts (relative since Massey Hall didn't have more than 1500 seats, U think)

I also saw the Exit Stage Left Tour, but I don't think the concerts I attended were recorded or selected for the double live album

As for Different Stages, I listeneed to it once in its entirety and the bonus 76 disc a second time. Didn't get any mileage out of that one.

I'll have to listen out for you!

I've not heard that album for years. I think because I came to Rush later on (around 1983) I appreciated their Moving Pictures/Signals sound more than the early sound, so ATWAS sounded too rough and ready for my taste at the time. ESL was the album that got me into Rush, and that was pretty smooth by comparison. I'll dig out my vinyl copy of ATWAS this weekend and give it a spin.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 04:29
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Definitely agreed on Different Stages, especially that Hammersmith Odeon disc. 

I like the rawness of ATWAS. The songlist of Exit is great but the muting of the crowd noise gets more annoying the more I hear it. Show of Hands is the one I almost never listen to. have to remedy that

Edited by Jeffro - January 16 2020 at 04:31
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 04:37
I have them all and exit stage left I think is best despite different stages being such good value it sounded a little over compressed in my opinion, I wasn't thrilled with the production like I was with exit stage left.  
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2020 at 10:28
Exit Stage Left for content, Show of hands for production/sound quality. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>