Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Terry Jones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Terry Jones
    Posted: January 22 2020 at 14:01
https://variety.com/2020/film/global/terry-jones-monty-python-dies-dead-1203475534/ 

A sad day. RIP to one of the greats.

As I'm sure they would say, two down...four to go. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2020 at 14:10
One ofbthe most marvelous comedic intellects in the field of comedy to have heaver made people laugh
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2020 at 17:08
I will never eat Spam, egg, Spam, Spam, bacon and Spam again.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2020 at 17:27
I remember the first time I tried a Spring Surprise.   They'd switched from steel to titanium bolts and it made for a much lighter confection.   Delicious.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2020 at 00:35
I will always carry an image of him dressed as a woman 
RIP Terry
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2020 at 03:25
the Pythons were absolutely unique; some of their gags were totally wacky and zany. R.I.P.

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2020 at 06:36
Hi,

Time has been kind to the MP's ... through out the 70's I was into THE GOONS, and had a very large collection of their shows, and for my tastes, their comedy was far better than the MP's ... why? YOUR VISUALIZATION of it, was the perfect extension of radio, into an area of surrealism that no one had done before ... and when MP came around, they basically opened up that area visually ... and honestly, I did not find it as funny, although I loved some of the nutzy stuff and the silly stuff a lot. As an example, I never forgot the parrot bit. I never forgot a couple of other bits either ... but then, I still hear Eccles tell you what time is it? ... or the Major in his bath! ... or the Goons busy taking a tea break in Africa while on duty!

But, seeing our own "friends" age and eventually fall apart is kinda sad, and you and I are in the same boat ... I really do not want to see all of my loved friends fall down before me ... the emotional toll is too much and I don't want to spend my time crying ... I want to honor those folks with the love and laughter they deserved ... and would have wanted ... but it has been really hard not hearing Spike talk about elephants and joke about the queen (and she dishing him out good, too!!!!!), or hearing Peter Sellers doing yet another album of insane music and comedy bits, all of them fun to the Z degree! And if that's not enough, the singing/shaving act, that apparently goes back to their time as soldiers fighting the Desert Fox as he was called! (... we all have our dark secrets ... anyone seen a gun? ... )

I'll probably cry more the day that Terry Gilliam leaves us, since I wonder where someone like him finds the energy to continue doing things that simply are insane and out of it ... and he will probably end up being remembered for it ... but when you see the Don Quixote film and story ... you find something in it ... Terry is the dreamer ... and really ... aren't we all living this "dream" through all these folks?

I'll love them forever and they are ... above all ... in my heart forever!

Edited by moshkito - January 23 2020 at 06:39
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2020 at 07:30
I shall celebrate Terry with his favorite song. Forgive me if I am misquoting the lyrics.
Yum tum tumpity
Yum ting too
Nik nik nik
Yoooowwwwwww!

RIP Mr Jones
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2020 at 09:11
I shall just quote John Cleese -

""I shall remember him as Mr Creosote. He is so funny in it and it's one of the funniest things we did. So I shall think of him exploding.""
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2020 at 14:54
John Cleese Terry Gilliam Mr Creosote
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply