Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Going for the One vs Drama

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Which Of these do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
37 [47.44%]
28 [35.90%]
11 [14.10%]
2 [2.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 16:22
Voted for Drama but these two albums aren't a big deal.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 15:43
Drama for me.
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 19:36
Drama is ok...but, come on, GFTO is a freakin' classic!
The real poll should have been Tormato vs Drama (I'd vote Tormato)
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 20:55
This was a very tough choice for me. In some ways Drama is better because it's a tighter album and it sounds stronger in some ways with more "balls." I have always thought musically it was one of their strongest. Going for the one almost falls apart at the seams in places and parallels suffers from a sparse sound due to Wakeman's poor choice of abandoning the synth for the organ. I also think turn of the century is a little flat although I like the instrumental section. However, in the end I still voted for GFTO mainly for "awaken." Wonderous stories and the title track though are two of the most underrated Yes songs in their catalog so that counts for something also. Another deciding factor for me is that Jon Anderson didn't sing on Drama. While Trevor Horn did a fine job on Drama I prefer Jon's singing.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - February 29 2020 at 20:56
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 21:36
Both. I'm in the minority of loving Tormato and 90125 as well. After that they started diminishing in quality but every album still had a few great tracks until the very end at least

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 01:01
It is a lot tighter than I thought it would be! Drama is better than Tormato...but still several magnitudes below GFTO. Still. That is subjective analysis for you...
tamijo_II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo_II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 01:24
Lots of love for Going......... so clearly that one. 

Same person as this profile:
Tamijo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234