Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Beverage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: What is your drink of choice?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [7.14%]
3 [10.71%]
2 [7.14%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [28.57%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [10.71%]
5 [17.86%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [7.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:04
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

there is beer.. then there is eiixer of the Gods.. of the batsh*t crazy sort...

This one is really good! I also picked beer too.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:10
Love Stout. Had a locally brewed Imperial Stout yesterday. Delish

Was a big fan of IPA's years ago. Not so much now. Too hoppy.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - June 28 2020 at 17:13
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:15
Thumbs Up Beervoted best beer in the world when it came out.. wow how times have changed.

We might still be the laughing stock of the world... but at least it isn't for our beer any more. It is far cry from the days when self respecting drunks only drank Whiskey (by the case) for they wouldn't be caught dead being seen with a can of American beer (unless in Texas or Colorado).  My fantasy was always to do what several of friends were able to once do..  toss an empty whiskey bottle out the open front door and never see it hit the ground. 

Never did a chance to do that..  the only time I got face to face with a tornado (saw many from a distance.. only really saw one) I pulled my Firebird underneath an underpass on I-35 got out to seek cover and needless to say... I didn't have a bottle as i left it in the carLOL

Edited by micky - June 28 2020 at 17:16
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:16
Ah there is also ayran, a Turkish drink made of yogurt. If that is of quality buttermilk, it has no alternative regarding the taste. I know that yogurt is somewhat popular in the world, while ayran is not that known. If you have the chance, I suggest you to try it, though I'm not sure if it would appeal to the taste of most people. An American teacher of mine loved it, while his Finn wife even refused to try it, haha.

Edited by Shadowyzard - June 28 2020 at 17:20
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:20
When it comes down to beer this is the best:

Edited by BaldFriede - June 28 2020 at 17:27

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:26

Thumbs Up Beervoted best beer in the world when it came out.. wow how times have changed.

We might still be the laughing stock of the world... but at least it isn't for our beer any more. It is far cry from the days when self respecting drunks only drank Whiskey (by the case) for they wouldn't be caught dead being seen with a can of American beer (unless in Texas or Colorado).  My fantasy was always to do what several of friends were able to once do..  toss an empty whiskey bottle out the open front door and never see it hit the ground. 

Never did a chance to do that..  the only time I got face to face with a tornado (saw many from a distance.. only really saw one) I pulled my Firebird underneath an underpass on I-35 got out to seek cover and needless to say... I didn't have a bottle as i left it in the carLOL

American craft beers are among the finest in the world IMO. It's definitely not Bud Light or Coors.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:29
German beers are great. I attended an Oktoberfest in the German Embassy a couple of years ago, and there was a German local beer, whose brand I first heard there (and now forgot). It was far better than most of the beers I tasted in Turkey. 
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:30
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

American craft beers are among the finest in the world IMO. It's definitely not Bud Light or Coors.

When it comes to beer or bread nothing beats German products.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:35
oh I'll give a shout out to German beers... and and German waitresses and the trouble both can get you into hahah..  I once nearly missed my connecting flight to Raff in Rome for I had discovered the Munich airport bar...  German beer.. pretzels... and hot as the sun waitresses with the that perfectly accented English that could give a corpse a stiffie.. umm hmm.  Needless to say was enjoying a 4th or 5th when suddenly I heard thelast call for my flight...  needless to say I threw a 100 euro bill and the table and did my best OJ or else I would have had one hell of time explaining that to Raff how I missed my flight with a multiple hour layover LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:35
anything but beer... no matter if craft or not, i don't like beer
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:36

This beer, by the way, is only available at Hövelpforte, an excellent restaurant in Dortmund.

https://www.hoevels-hausbrauerei.de/cms/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/restaurant.jpg

It can be bought in 2-liter bottles there.

Edited by BaldFriede - June 28 2020 at 17:40

King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:42
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

My favorite beers tend to be Belgian and made by monks, so I'll have to disagree.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:44
and I got your back on that one..  nothing.. not even American Craft.. can touch Belgium's best.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:44

My favorite beers tend to be Belgian and made by monks, so I'll have to disagree.

One will get you a million you have not tasted Hövelbräu yet. It would probably change your mind. As I said, you can only buy it at that restaurant.

Edited by BaldFriede - June 28 2020 at 17:46

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:46
hmmm.. I love a challenge.. accepted Friede.  I shall seek, find and taste...
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:47

As far as I know it is only sold at that restaurant.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:49
well ... it don't count then!!!! AngryLOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:52

As far as I know it is only sold at that restaurant.

As I heard, Germany has "biergarten"s, where beers are served only when fresh as they have no preservative ingredients. Perhaps the beer you mentioned is only served there as it would spoil if not served within hours. Just a guess.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:56
I wasn't planning to go for a challenge, but we have some pretty awesome bread culture too. Very diverse and some of them are extremely tasty. Our fabricated breads should be among the worst in the world, though. LOL
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 17:56

well ... it don't count then!!!! AngryLOL

The restaurant will have an online shop soon at this address. You can mail order from there then.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>