Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is anyone on the forums a 5 Star member?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugo1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is anyone on the forums a 5 Star member?
    Posted: February 06 2020 at 15:11
Just our of curiosity... I am a 3 star member with 123 posts. I've seen other 3 star members with 12,000 posts. I think you hit 4 stars at 20,000. Does that mean 5 stars is 100,000? Confused
interests: Moon Safari, Gilgamesh, Egg, ELP, Soft Machine, Gong, Opeth (Everything pre watershed), Brighteye Brison, The Flower Kings
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 15:23
Post count/ point count does not give one 4 or 5 stars. One could have one million posts and still be a three star member or one post and have four or five stars in the forum. If one takes on Prog Reviewer or Collaborator status then one has four stars, and if one becomes a Special Collaborator and/ or Admin then one has five stars.

Edited by Logan - February 06 2020 at 15:28
Just a fanboy passin' through.
hugo1995 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugo1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 16:36
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Post count/ point count does not give one 4 or 5 stars. One could have one million posts and still be a three star member or one post and have four or five stars in the forum. If one takes on Prog Reviewer or Collaborator status then one has four stars, and if one becomes a Special Collaborator and/ or Admin then one has five stars.

Ooooooo, enlightening. Thanks!
interests: Moon Safari, Gilgamesh, Egg, ELP, Soft Machine, Gong, Opeth (Everything pre watershed), Brighteye Brison, The Flower Kings
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 18:57
but the most important thing to know about it: when you reach the 4th echelon you have to stop socializing with everyone below your rank because this is not seen as honorable by the upper prog class.

Vive la grande bourgeoisie!

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 19:17
Bloody peons. 
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 04:32
You have to sleep with the right people. Wink
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 08:25
Funny! I've never even noticed the stars beneath people's monikers! Is there really a PA aristocracy?
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 08:42
We're more of a self-perpetuating autocracy
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 08:45
Never ever reveal the secret handshake!!!
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 11:28
You guys behind The Curtain needn't try to fill us full of fear and loathing! You're actually really pretty awesome! 
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 12:31
I've never paid attention to those stars or bothered to ask what they mean.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 12:52
Yeah, they probably are very nice people but we'll never know for sure, I guess, since they rarely get out of their golden circle to exchange with others.

Odvin Draoi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odvin Draoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 15:28
Twinkle twinkle little stars
How I wonder what you are
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 16:06
He's kinda legend of 1000000 stars.

Tongue
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 16:24
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Yeah, they probably are very nice people but we'll never know for sure, I guess, since they rarely get out of their golden circle to exchange with others.

Good observation. They rarely get out of their golden circle, but they often hang around outside their Cosy Zone.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 05:00
I'm just wondering how many hundreds of prog reviews you need to write to reach the four-star status of Prog Reviewer, or is it more to do with quality over quantity?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2020 at 13:34
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

He's kinda legend of 1000000 stars.

Tongue

Plus Tony has the best avatar on PA......depending on my mood, freaks me out sometimes.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 19:19
I went into hiding for 3 years to avoid getting my head lopped off like that French chick.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2020 at 02:23
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2020 at 08:59
quite tempting to vanish like a punk in the night...might do the same someday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>