Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miichael Moorcock's Bellyflops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miichael Moorcock's Bellyflops
    Posted: February 07 2020 at 14:14
Somewhere in the house - God knows where - I think I have a tape MM sent me in about 1983, with songs from his 'Suddenly it's the Bellyflops' record from 1965.  Just for my own interest is it worth trying to find it, or has it been legally released in some form since then?

Edited by Braka1 - February 07 2020 at 14:16

Believe me Pope Paul, my toes are clean
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 14:29
As far as I know, apart from 'New Worlds Fair' by the Deep Fix on UA and then odd tracks on the Flicknife label such as Hawkwind Friends and relations lps and eps, I don't know any other issues of Michael Moorcock's tracks BUT would love to know more as have been a big fan of his books since teenage days!!Smile

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 14:56
I've never seen a copy on CD.

Edited by Manuel - February 07 2020 at 14:57
Braka1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 15:24
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

As far as I know, apart from 'New Worlds Fair' by the Deep Fix on UA and then odd tracks on the Flicknife label such as Hawkwind Friends and relations lps and eps, I don't know any other issues of Michael Moorcock's tracks BUT would love to know more as have been a big fan of his books since teenage days!!Smile

Me, too.

His 60's sword and sorcery books were amazing. Short novels of around 100  pages,  written in a few days, and they seemed more epic than the endless, flatulent fantasy 'series' of the past few decades.

Anyhow, I just had it in the back of my mind that a lot of the stuff he sent me later ended up with some sort of  release - e.g. the Entropy Tango and Gloriana stuff. But yeah, the Bellyflops tracks stuck in my mind.

The only one I can remember with any clarity was called 'We Met on the Steps of a Moscow Latrine'.  

Edited by Braka1 - February 07 2020 at 15:26

Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 17:07
You could well be right- Brian Tawn who used to run the Hawkwind (Hawkfan) newsletters (and occasionally sells rare and unusually HW related stuff on Ebay) has had some odd MM lyric books, possibly records/ flexi discs of stuff for sale and in the back of my mind i'm fairly sure I heard about a retrospective release of Moorcock's musical output but have got no more detail than that.

Braka1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 10:40
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

You could well be right- Brian Tawn who used to run the Hawkwind (Hawkfan) newsletters (and occasionally sells rare and unusually HW related stuff on Ebay) has had some odd MM lyric books, possibly records/ flexi discs of stuff for sale and in the back of my mind i'm fairly sure I heard about a retrospective release of Moorcock's musical output but have got no more detail than that.

I noticed Brian Tawn on eBay last week: he showed up in the feedback profile of someone who bought something from me (actually it was an Australian copy of 'New World's Fair').  The last time I communicated with him was pre-email.

Post Reply Post Reply