Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Create Your Own Alan Parsons Project Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Create Your Own Alan Parsons Project Album
    Posted: February 11 2020 at 08:15
These Make Your Own Album threads are so much fun to take part in and I haven't seen one previously for the Alan Parsons Project, so here it is. Smile 

The rules are simple:- Choose one favourite song from each of the ten albums listed below to create your own personalised compilation album of ten favourite Alan Parsons Project songs. Remember, it's one song per album. Smile

2. I Robot (1977)
3. Pyramid (1978)
4. Eve (1979)
6. Eye in the Sky (1982)
7. Ammonia Avenue (1984)
8. Vulture Culture (1984)
9. Stereotomy (1985)
10. Gaudi (1987)

All of the albums listed above are clickable live links, so if you click on them it'll take you straight to the respective Wikipedia album listings. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - February 11 2020 at 09:07
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 08:18
it's all a matter of time because I'll have to listen a bit, at least the albums I haven't listened in quite a while. Once i do that, there will be a list. Big smile
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 09:00
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

it's all a matter of time because I'll have to listen a bit, at least the albums I haven't listened in quite a while. Once i do that, there will be a list. Big smile
That's okay. I've yet to make my own albums for Pink Floyd and Kate Bush, and I'm currently halfway through choosing my favourite songs for this thread. Smile
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 10:30
1. Pavane
2. Genesis, Ch.1 V.32
3. Hyper-Gamma-Spaces
4. Lucifer
5. The Gold Bug
6. Mammagamma
7. Pipeline
8. Hawkeye
9. Where's the Walrus?
10. Paseo de Gracia
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 10:38
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

That's okay. I've yet to make my own albums for Pink Floyd and Kate Bush, and I'm currently halfway through choosing my favourite songs for this thread. Smile

you're having trouble making the Pink Floyd list...
wow...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 11:02

wow...
The only reason I'm having trouble creating a Pink Floyd compilation album is simply because there are so many great songs to choose from, so I've decided to compromise by selecting my favourite eight songs from the first eight Pink Floyd albums. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 11:29

wow...
The only reason I'm having trouble creating a Pink Floyd compilation album is simply because there are so many great songs to choose from, so I've decided to compromise by selecting my favourite eight songs from the first eight Pink Floyd albums. Smile

I thought you haven't heard them all yet.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 11:49

wow...

I thought you haven't heard them all yet.
I've been listening to *more* Pink Floyd albums on YouTube today, including the "More" soundtrack. Tongue 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 15:38
1. The Fall of the House of Usher (Tales of Mystery and Imagination)

2. Day After Day (I Robot)

3. Shadow of a Lonely Man (Pyramid)

4. Lucifer (Eve)

5. Time (The Turn of a Friendly Card)

6. Sirius/Eye in the Sky (Eye in the Sky)

7. Don't Answer Me (Ammonia Avenue)

8. Sooner or Later (Vulture Culture)

9. Light of the World (Stereotomy)

10. Inside Looking Out (Gaudi)

11. Freudiana  (Special limited edition bonus track from the Alan Parsons & Eric Woolfson album "Freudiana" (1990) - an Alan Parsons Project album in all but name). Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - June 25 2020 at 13:24
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 18:17
1. Fall of the House of Usher
2. Breakdown
3. Can't Take it with You
4. Lucifer
5. Games People Play
6. Silence and I
7. Don't Answer Me
8. Days Are Numbers
9. Light of the World
10. La Sagrada Familia

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2020 at 02:13
The Raven
I Robot
What Goes Up
Damned If I Do
May Be a Price to Pay
Silence and I
Pipeline
Sooner or Later
In the Real World
La Sagrada Familia
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2020 at 15:46
I took the liberty of adding a special limited edition bonus track from the Alan Parsons & Eric Woolfson album Freudiana (1990) which was intended to be the 11th Alan Parsons Project album. Smile 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 15:29
The Alan Parsons Project - Live in Mainz, Germany 2014

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 03:12
Mine will be an EP, then, containing just three tracks, but the first three are often filled with excellent or nifty songs (not pieces or numbers, just ... songs). Even Pyramids has got its share of weaker moments (like overly symphonic or nearing disco).
But I really can't swallow anything from Eve onwards: the odd song here & there, but even thatConfused.....
I mean they lost the plot with me, that's for sure, even if I kept listening (or attention) until Eye in The Sky.

I haven't owned any APP albums for amost four decades, BTW.

1- The Raven or Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether
2- Some Other Time or The Voice
3- What Goes Up... or Can't Take It With You

Another solution would be to go more (mostly) instrumental to be "proggy",Tongue but then again, an EP is not '"PROG" Evil Smile

1- A Dream Within a Dream/Raven or the Pavane thing in Usher
2- I Robot or Total Eclipse (but that's not all that suitable in the frame of a compilation) or Ch1 v32
3- Voyageur or In The Lap Of The Gods or Hyper-Gamma-Spaces

Geeezzzzz, revisiting early APP has me thinking that they could perfectly fit the Disco Music ArchivesEvil SmileClown

Edited by Sean Trane - February 15 2020 at 04:10
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 22:06
- A Dream within a Dream / The Raven (for me they are one single song, and wouldn't work the same separated).
- I Robot.
- The Eagle will rise again.
- Lucifer.
- The Turn of a Friendly Card parts 1 & 2 (once again edited together is the way they work for me).
- Sirius / Eye in the Sky.
- Prime Time.
- La Sagrada Familia.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2020 at 08:40
ALAN PARSONS - Live in Madrid (2004)

Post Reply Post Reply