Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog by Nation..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Poll Question: Most consistent prog producer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
35 [64.81%]
3 [5.56%]
5 [9.26%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.85%]
2 [3.70%]
1 [1.85%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.85%]
6 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 12:02
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

When I think Australia, I think Cybotron.

I threw a vote to Japan because I probably own as many Japanese albums (various genres) as I do UK/US.
I really like Japanese Rock too, but it's mainly for their phenomenal Psychedelic Rock output and not for Progressive Rock. "Nihonjin" by Far Out is one of my all-time Jap-Psych favourites. Smile

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 12:21
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I threw a vote to Japan because I probably own as many Japanese albums (various genres) as I do UK/US.
I really like Japanese Rock too, but it's mainly for their phenomenal Psychedelic Rock output and not for Progressive Rock. "Nihonjin" by Far Out is one of my all-time Jap-Psych favourites. Smile

Japan is a trip. You can find scores of albums, all good if not great, in just about any style. And. yes, some fine, fine psych! Angel'in Heavy Syrup is one of my faves. Of course, I love their prog-fusion, e.g. Kenso, Pochakaite Malko, Mongol, Kennedy!, etc., and the symph (Motoi Sakuraba, Ars Nova, Interpose, Gerard, etc.!
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 12:29
Another couple of Japanese Psych bands that I really like are Flower Travelling Band and Far East Family Band.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 16:11
Italy I think.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 21:14

Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

^^ My favourite Finnish band are Nightwish, although they're the start and finish of my knowledge of Finnish bands. Smile
I haven´t ever cared much Nightwish although nothing against it (specially when there aren´t that horrible opera singer anymore). I believe you would like some older Finnish prog, for example Tasavallan Presidentti. There is one of the few Finnish guitar hero´s Jukka Tolonen, also in their two first albums sing Brit Frank Robson (in case Finnish language or accent bothers you).
The main reason  Nightwish are one of my all-time favourite Symphonic Metal bands is down to the opera singer Tarja Turunen. Smile
Oh God how different our views to great music are! Wink Anyway although you have too much music to listen as I have also, I hope you someday listen something else from Finland, because Nightwish really isn´t the only jewel from Finland. I think Circle could also be something you like, at least Mika Rättö has also really opera style in vocals (he´s style I love!)
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 21:16

Japan is a trip. You can find scores of albums, all good if not great, in just about any style. And. yes, some fine, fine psych! Angel'in Heavy Syrup is one of my faves. Of course, I love their prog-fusion, e.g. Kenso, Pochakaite Malko, Mongol, Kennedy!, etc., and the symph (Motoi Sakuraba, Ars Nova, Interpose, Gerard, etc.!
Not knowing much of Japan music, but I really love Melt-Banana, Ghost is also really good!
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 09:58
Nightwish = Class....excellent operatic prog metal...
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 11:16
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Ok nail your colours to the mast of prog nationalism...

Saddest thing I have ever seen here ... specially when we know that many folks don't listen to anything else ... can't even call it "prog nationalism" ... you see, the rest of the world is full of uneducated savages that can't play 4/4 music with the same Fenders and Marshall stacks! Embarrassed  Tongue  Wink
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 11:42
Having seen the results of this poll, I suppose I shouldn't feel too guilty about most of my polls having a decidedly British bias. Smile
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 11:45

Having seen the results of this poll, I suppose I shouldn't feel too guilty about most of my polls having a decidedly British bias. Smile
Oh, absolutely not. The British really own prog as a rock music genre. Perhaps the only one.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 11:48
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Oh, absolutely not. The British really own prog as a rock music genre. Perhaps the only one.

Thanks! It's nice to have some support for British prog from the other side of the Atlantic. Smile
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 18:00
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Ok nail your colours to the mast of prog nationalism...

Saddest thing I have ever seen here ... specially when we know that many folks don't listen to anything else ... can't even call it "prog nationalism" ... you see, the rest of the world is full of uneducated savages that can't play 4/4 music with the same Fenders and Marshall stacks! Embarrassed  Tongue  Wink

Really the saddest... everything that is posted here is sad to you... or well, at least about 95% of the stuff posted here, and a good deal of that is the saddest thing, so I don't really understand the definition of saddest for you.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2020 at 15:03
I've just been going through my own personal Symphonic Rock database and discovered to my surprise that out of the 146 artists listed there, the vast majority are German. In fact, only three major Symphonic Rock bands turned out to be British:- Electric Light Orchestra; The Enid & Renaissance. Smile
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2020 at 22:43
Other. Planet Gong.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2020 at 02:17
U.K. shouldn't be included. It's a no brainer pick. I mean, British dominance in prog is tenfold greater than Gretzky in hockey (there is no Bobby Orr in prog). I think it should be between Sweden, Germany and Italy, with Netherlands, France and USA not far behind.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2020 at 02:24
If it was a Psychedelic Rock poll by nation I'd vote:-

1. United States
2. Japan
3. Germany
4. England
5. Holland

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - February 19 2020 at 02:25
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2020 at 02:31
If it was Thrash Metal poll by nation I'd vote:

1. South California
2. Teutonic
3. East Coast
4. Bay Area
5. Brazil

Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2020 at 02:33
^^ If it was a Thrash Metal poll, I'd vote for Antarctica, as that's where I'd go to get away from it. Smile
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2020 at 16:35
Yeah. the British are the best. Now that that's settled, can the stream of "British only" threads please stop?
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 00:11

^^ If it was a Thrash Metal poll, I'd vote for Antarctica, as that's where I'd go to get away from it. Smile

such a gratuitous comment ConfusedLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>