Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How I learned to stop worrying and love Trump!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 12:48
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

^ agree. Let’s be honest, if the nominee isn’t Bernie, we’re getting 4 more years of trump. And if the nominee isn’t Bernie, it’s gonna have to be a no vote for me.

Oh there's no doubt about it (except for not voting-- you have to stay engaged even if you're not thrilled about it).  Even with Bernie as the nominee I fear Trump gets another four.

Yup, gotta make peace with Trump then!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 13:57

^ agree. Let’s be honest, if the nominee isn’t Bernie, we’re getting 4 more years of trump. And if the nominee isn’t Bernie, it’s gonna have to be a no vote for me.

Oh there's no doubt about it (except for not voting-- you have to stay engaged even if you're not thrilled about it).  Even with Bernie as the nominee I fear Trump gets another four.

You know David, we shouldn't sell Bernie short until he gets into a debate with Trump. I think he'd run over him. And that makes votes.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 14:12
^ Yeah Bern would eat Don for lunch.   What needs to happen is the independents swing to Bernie, "give him a shot" like they gave Trump.  

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2020 at 14:28

^ Yeah Bern would eat Don for lunch.   What needs to happen is the independents swing to Bernie, "give him a shot" like they gave Trump.  

Clap Yeah buddy! Now you're talking! 
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 08:39

Even if you don't want to vote in the presidential election, at least make sure to vote in congressional, state-level and/or local elections if they're held in your location. There's potential to bring about small forms of positive change (or at least avoid further harm) even if you have no faith in whoever occupies the White House.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote npjnpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 00:41
The thing that worries me more than Trump being reelected for another 4 years is him beeing reelected for another 8 or 12 years after that. I'm not joking here. Trump has remarked on this himself repeatedly.
The way is already set: all checks and balances have been disabled anyway, all key positions have loyal political allies installed, his critics have been all but disabled, the conservatives are standing behind him, he has no consequences for any actions to fear from anyone (see the impeachment process), so the road seems clear for any required alteration of the constitution.
The school bully has distributed the stolen lunch money amongst his friends and promises to continue doing so. What's to stop him? Elections? Dream on!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 05:10
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

The thing that worries me more than Trump being reelected for another 4 years is him beeing reelected for another 8 or 12 years after that. I'm not joking here. Trump has remarked on this himself repeatedly.
The way is already set: all checks and balances have been disabled anyway, all key positions have loyal political allies installed, his critics have been all but disabled, the conservatives are standing behind him, he has no consequences for any actions to fear from anyone (see the impeachment process), so the road seems clear for any required alteration of the constitution.
The school bully has distributed the stolen lunch money amongst his friends and promises to continue doing so. What's to stop him? Elections? Dream on!
Well, I really don't think that he will stick around that long. He'll just get the Russians to help either Ivanka or Jared get elected after he's done.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 05:13
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

Even if you don't want to vote in the presidential election, at least make sure to vote in congressional, state-level and/or local elections if they're held in your location. There's potential to bring about small forms of positive change (or at least avoid further harm) even if you have no faith in whoever occupies the White House.
This is absolutely crucial and something that I've been saying for the last 15 years or so. Both parties are guilty of laying down during the midterms. This is something that the Republicans know well and have countered with gerrymandering, voter blocking, etc.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 05:48

I totally agree with you. Trump might even forego the election completely by declaring a state of emergency for some reason that calls for him to be president for life

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 05:51
^ With some of the Republicans claiming that he can do whatever he wants, as long as it's for the good of the country, that's always a possibility.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 08:20
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

I totally agree with you. Trump might even forego the election completely by declaring a state of emergency for some reason that calls for him to be president for life

I, too, worry about that, with the conclusions of the Senate.  Cry
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 08:24
^ Don't worry my dear. As much as Trump thinks that he has the military behind him (and the bikers?!) that's a fallacy. They would be the first to show him the door if he was voted out and tried a coup.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 08:50
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ Don't worry my dear. As much as Trump thinks that he has the military behind him (and the bikers?!) that's a fallacy. They would be the first to show him the door if he was voted out and tried a coup.
  Oh, thank you for that.  I do believe that is true, however, you can't help but wonder if he won't try pulling it. *shudder*
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 09:19
It's obvious that Trump is already pulling that and has been working towards it since the beginning.  His overly large ego wouldn't have it any other way.  This is why he admires the dictators so much.  I hope that the military will not allow it to happen, but the military might be bypassed if things keep going his direction.  After all, he has mostly taken over the entire Republican party and is now telling his aides that he wants less workers in the white house and more loyalists in the key positions.  There is no doubt that he is already accomplished much in his take over.

I'm surprised that religious organizations stand behind him.  You would think they would be jumping all over the 666 symbolism that is attached to Jared, who I believe is the one appointed by the great orange one to share the monarchy with Ivanka when Trump dies.

Also, I predict another close race for 2020, and if Bernie pulls off a win, it will be contested by the Trumpian rule and he'll have the military so confused that they won't know who to protect.

But I also try not to worry about it..................

npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote npjnpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 09:59
Oh what I wouldn't give to hear Trump's concession speech. Can you imagine it? A cornucopia of venom and bile Big smile
Just for that alone a democratic victory would be worth it.

Edited by npjnpj - February 24 2020 at 10:13
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 10:22
"it's rigged! it's a disgrace! the deep state...blah...blah"
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 10:26
Trump is big in India. I wondered if he tried to trade them beads, whisky and small-pox infected blankets.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 10:27
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Trump is big in India. I wondered if he tried to trade them beads, whisky and small-pox infected blankets.
LOL Don't give him any ideas Greg!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 11:05
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Maybe he'll die of starvation while he's there.  

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 11:05

Oh what I wouldn't give to hear Trump's concession speech. Can you imagine it? A cornucopia of venom and bile Big smile
Just for that alone a democratic victory would be worth it.
  I'm sure he'd invoke all of his usual suspects.  Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>