Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nektar Post Roye Albrighton

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Should Nektar have hung it up after Roye Albrighton died?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [20.00%]
3 [60.00%]
1 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nektar Post Roye Albrighton
    Posted: February 24 2020 at 14:20
I don't know how I feel about this question.  On the one hand it seems like since Roye was very much Nektar to me and the only member to be in all band lineups from 1969 to 2016.  On the other hand I've been listening to their latest album and it's quite good.  They still have two of the original musicians (Moore and Howden) and their lights and effects guy (Brockett). I couldn't find any information if Roye wanted them to continue.  Anyone know anything?
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 14:36
I only know I was asked to see them in Chicago on March 1st by my friend coming in from Colorado, but I can't due to a conflict with a Continuing Education seminar.
Unhappy
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 14:40
That would be no.....I don't have the slightest idea. Tongue
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 15:58
no
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 17:40
I like the new album very much, and to be honest, is quite in the line of Nektar's music, so in that sense 
I say yes. Roye was the man, but it seems that he was happy to see the band continue, as I read on the website when he passed away, so I don't see the problem. I know it is quite difficult, if not impossible, to find somebody to fill his shoes, he was such a unique artist, but the band seems to have some renewed enthusiasm, and I welcome their efforts to keep the ship sailing. 
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2020 at 11:51
No. Roye spent a few years reviving the band, so I think he would have gone along with Ron and Mo (out of retirement) getting things going again. Apparently at the present time, the band isn't playing L.A., so shucks.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply