Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many listen exclusively to prog?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 03:01
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

The only reason why Kind of Blue (1959) is in PA is because of our complete discography policy.
But is that policy consistently applied? For example:

Originally posted by Fred Frith biography Fred Frith biography wrote:

Given the sheer size and scope of Frith's discography, the entries here will initially be restricted to solo projects which broadly speaking can be classified as rock music.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2020 at 20:08
Originally posted by progmatic progmatic wrote:

Just wondering -- how many of us listen to prog and only prog? I suspect the answer is few, but I may be way off base, who knows? If you do listen to other music as well, who are your favorite two or three artists?

*sticks out chest* Of course I listen to freakin prog and only prog. The other night I was riding back from somewhere with a friend and he had a cd playing. I asked him, "is this.. prog?" And he said, "No I don't think so, it's Bruce Spingsteen." So of course I immediately said, "Stop the car!" And so he stopped and let me out. Was a 10 mile walk back, but darn it.. no. No!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2020 at 20:27
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

The only reason why Kind of Blue (1959) is in PA is because of our complete discography policy.
But is that policy consistently applied? For example:

Originally posted by Fred Frith biography Fred Frith biography wrote:

Given the sheer size and scope of Frith's discography, the entries here will initially be restricted to solo projects which broadly speaking can be classified as rock music.

PA can be accused of many things, consistency is not one of them. In all seriousness though, it does say initially, indicating that the plan was to add less PA relevant albums later, or at least to be open to members adding them. You gotta start somewhere. I would expect there to be many many acts without full discographies, those can be very time consuming to add, especially when one adds an artist. I would focus on the most relevant ones first. One might not get around to adding later ones or wait to see if other members choose to add them. As a voluntary site, and the way things work here, I don’t think one could expect it to be really consistent, but that doesn’t negate that old policy. Every member can help by adding missing albums, and if it is a proper release by the artist or band, then our compete discography policy means that those have a right to be listed in the discography.

Edited by Logan - April 02 2020 at 20:47
Just a fanboy passin' through.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456