Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pendragon cancel European tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pendragon cancel European tour
    Posted: March 13 2020 at 07:00
Pendragon have had to cancel the rest of the European tour (you may have seen Clive Nolan and Rachel Wilce on the BBC News earlier) and are heading home.

This may have a large financial impact on the band especially Nick and Rachel so we can all do our bit by buying Pendragon CDs etc from The Merch Desk.

Edited by chopper - March 13 2020 at 07:01
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 07:31
^ wow. This virus thing is making everybody cancel everything. I just ordered the new CD and plan on ordering a few newer ones that i don't yet own (Pure, Passion, Man Who Climb Mountains)

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 08:30
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ wow. This virus thing is making everybody cancel everything. I just ordered the new CD and plan on ordering a few newer ones that i don't yet own (Pure, Passion, Man Who Climb Mountains)

That's good.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 11:12
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Pendragon have had to cancel the rest of the European tour (you may have seen Clive Nolan and Rachel Wilce on the BBC News earlier) and are heading home.

This may have a large financial impact on the band especially Nick and Rachel so we can all do our bit by buying Pendragon CDs etc from The Merch Desk.

Hi Alan. Didn’t see this on the news, because we have avoided the news for the past 24 hours for Corona saturation.

There is nothing on the website, or Twitter, yet.

Do you know please (he asks very selfishly) what the position is with Chepstow Winters End?
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 03:57
well, I managed to see Clive and Rachel on BBC News, via iPlayer. Very dignified display by the pair of them for a devastating outcome for a long planned tour.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 09:01
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Hi Alan. Didn’t see this on the news, because we have avoided the news for the past 24 hours for Corona saturation.

Do you know please (he asks very selfishly) what the position is with Chepstow Winters End?

I don't know, might be worth keeping an eye on their web site. It appears the Government may be about to announce a ban on "mass gatherings" so that may impact it.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 09:07
If anyone wants to help the band out in these difficult times, someone has started a fundraising page here.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 09:08
^ seems we're all going through the difficult times. Here in California all kinds of events are getting cancelled so i assume that means no nothing for a while :(

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 09:49

If anyone wants to help the band out in these difficult times, someone has started a fundraising page here.

Thanks for the link - I have made a donation, and hopefully this will help offset some of the losses.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 09:50

I don't know, might be worth keeping an eye on their web site. It appears the Government may be about to announce a ban on "mass gatherings" so that may impact it.

Yes, I think you are right. Although, it will still expect me to sit or stand on jam packed trains and tubes in order to travel the length and breadth of the country to attend meetings.

Go figure😕
POTA View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 20:23
I bought the Love Over Fear vinyl. Only album I've bought in years. I actually bought it before everyone started canceling everything -- it's just that good an album, and I wanted to support.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 03:08

Yes, I think you are right. Although, it will still expect me to sit or stand on jam packed trains and tubes in order to travel the length and breadth of the country to attend meetings.

Go figure😕
Surely that's down to your employer (or maybe they are your employer?). Have they not heard of video conferencing?
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 03:37

Go figure😕
Surely that's down to your employer (or maybe they are your employer?). Have they not heard of video conferencing?

They are indeed my employer, hence the avatarWink
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 08:34

Thanks for the link - I have made a donation, and hopefully this will help offset some of the losses.
You're a class act laz. And shamed me into doing the same. Embarrassed
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 09:45

Winters End has now been postponed by 1 year until 22-25 April 2021.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 09:49
^ well, at least it's still at the end of winter.
A Bard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 09:59
Prog fans: yay  we get to see Pendragon 

Corona Virus: No 

Everyone Disliked that 

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 10:05
Originally posted by A Bard A Bard wrote:

Prog fans: yay  we get to see Pendragon 

Corona Virus: No 

Everyone Disliked that 

Hmm. How old are you Laddie? Just curious.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 10:16

Winters End has now been postponed by 1 year until 22-25 April 2021.

Yep, had the email this afternoon.

Well, at least it is something to look forward to in 2021, unless, of course, the lurgy carts me of before thenDead
rocko View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 04:28
so is the whole tour cancelled including the dates in June, July, August?

I haven't found anything official about it yet on their webpage?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>