Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A new EP I just released with my one man band

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mehen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A new EP I just released with my one man band
    Posted: March 17 2020 at 05:42
Hi guys,

Hope you're all well!

I wanted to share with you a new EP I released. It is kind of an experimentaI EP as I wanted to try a more spontaneous approach on those tracks, by not over-thinking structure and melodies.

I would be really happy to have some feedback on it!

It is available for free on bandcamp:

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 08:25
I've listened to it. By coincidence I'm one of the few fans of Senmuth. You sound similar on the metal side, but without the ethnic interludes and the orchestral accents that sometimes affect his music a bit too much.
I notice that you too are inspired by the ancient Egypt, and it doesn't look like a coincidence.

A good EP. 

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 13:43
We would be happy to evaluate your music in the Progressive Metal team, but would it be possible to provide us with information?  Either you can write a bio yourself which includes the history of your project (when it was founded, where you are based out of and etc.) and also who your musical influences are, what inspires you, and things like that.  Also, if we could be provided with a link that has a band or artist photo that we can use for your page. 
Here are the rules for submitting new artists and bands to the database   http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=122381

Thank you very much.  We are very excited to have your project added to the Archives.

Edited by TCat - March 19 2020 at 14:06

mehen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mehen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 09:01
Hi TCat! I would be very happy if you could add my project to the Archives!
Also, I would be really glad to get an evaluation from your experienced ears!

So, as you could have read, my one man band's name is "MEHEN". The name was inspired by Ancient Egypt's Mythology, as it represents a snake which protects Ra during his journey through the night. In a few words, I mainly play guitar and compose tracks to get my brain not over-thinking during my free time. This over-thinking thing a is real struggle for me, as it pushes me downward. So I consider this solo project (composing/recording/mixing) as something protective and essential to me. Also I'm kind of an introvert and I keep too much thoughts and emotions for myself. This being self-destructive, MEHEN is the best way I found to talk, and get rid of that. 

Talking about me now, I'm based in Nancy (North-eastern France), I started playing guitar around 14, learning riffs from Metallica to Gojira, Machine Head, Opeth, Trivium, In flames... I stopped to play guitar around 20, as I was encountering too much struggle with life. Then around 23, I met a great guitarist, who became a big friend of mine later on, who pushed me to play guitar again. We shared our music tastes back then, and that's how I discovered post-rock/post-metal bands. I directly felt in love with the genre, as it was exactly the kind of music I needed to chill the f**k down. In 2015, he introduced me to Cubase, Home recording and stuff, and we wrote and recorded an album together, that you could find here : http://decoherent.bandcamp.com/ . Then he had to move +800kms from the city we recorded our first album, and it became really difficult to continue with this project since then. That's how I got myself into starting a one man band on my own. I'm 30 years old now, and "MEHEN" exists since 2015 now. 

I've been influenced by Cloudkicker, Russian Circles, Dirge, Neurosis, Gojira, Crib45, Allochiria, Ryvulet, Pelican, Intronaut, Rosetta, This will destroy you, We lost the sea, The Ocean, Pink floyd, and so much bands...

I don't have a picture linked to the project, because my music represents much more my innerself than my outer appearance, so I don't want it to be linked to that. I prefer it kind of anonymous.

Information available at the moment is on those links :
https://mehen-music.bandcamp.com/ (Bandcamp page, where you can download all my past works for free)

From Decoherent (project with my friend):

If you have any questions remaining, I'll be glad to answer it!

(Please forgive me for my pretty bad english, I'm trying my best here!)

Thank you very much for taking time to read me, and big big thanks for the time you took to listen to the music!

Edited by mehen - March 22 2020 at 09:10
mehen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mehen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 09:18
@Octopus-4, Thank you very much man!

I'll be listening to Senmuth asap as I never heard of that band!

Edited by mehen - March 22 2020 at 09:20
 Post Reply Post Reply