Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dave Gregory leaves Big Big Train

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dave Gregory leaves Big Big Train
    Posted: March 18 2020 at 15:34
Sad news. Dave Gregory leaves Big Big Train. He will be replaced on stage by Randy McStine.

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 04:47
Oh man! Bummer! Unhappy
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 08:23
I had always hoped that Gregory, Partridge, and Moulding would get back together.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 14:29
Very sad indeed. His unique guitar sound will be missed.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 14:37
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

I had always hoped that Gregory, Partridge, and Moulding would get back together.

The Hell Freezes Over Tour Part Two?
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 15:45
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Sad news. Dave Gregory leaves Big Big Train. He will be replaced on stage by Randy McStine.

Guess the Train left without him..........

Saw Randy open for Pineapple Thief, excellent musician and guitarist. I bought his CD at the show had him sign it also.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 15:46
The US contingent grows although unfortunately this is a almost 'non news' as the shows he was going to play in America have all been cancelled (officially postponed but as Nick says , rescheduling a 12 piece band is no easy thing). As with most things in these depressing times we can't expect much of anything to be happening for a long time.

Edited by richardh - March 19 2020 at 15:48
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 16:02
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

The US contingent grows although unfortunately this is a almost 'non news' as the shows he was going to play in America have all been cancelled (officially postponed but as Nick says , rescheduling a 12 piece band is no easy thing). As with most things in these depressing times we can't expect much of anything to be happening for a long time.

The cancellation of the US tour, Rosfest etc. couldn't have come at a worse time for the band after their rise after the Grand Tour album release and tour. I think BBT need a lot of TLC at present, and Dave leaving is a blow, but I really hope they can kick on by the end of the year. They are pure quality!
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 17:16
So, will it just be Big Train now?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 18:18

Hi,

I don't know ... I kinda think that these guys are going off to the sunset to smell the roses and enjoy a little life ... but Andy? He'll probably leave some lyrics in his box!

As much as I like XTC and have like 10/12 CD's ... I don't think we are gonna find another massive great album that had material as good, or better than what we got in the 80's and 90's ... mind you, I would love it and be the first one to buy the new CD ... but I would rather these folks enjoy their time in the pub and have a good laugh and be great friends for the rest of their time ... and if a song or two shows up ... we can have a party!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 04:13
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

LOL exactly.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 18:46
Originally posted by Squonk19 Squonk19 wrote:

Sad for sure. It will be hard to replace him, if not impossible.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 21:08
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Sad for sure. It will be hard to replace him, if not impossible.

If only they would now join forces with Steve Hackett... I think it would be the perfect collaboration.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 22:31
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

LOL exactly.

Unfortunately that sounds about right LOL

Oh, Colin Moulding and Terry Chambers collab'd not long ago though... 

Edited by irrelevant - March 20 2020 at 22:32
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 01:26

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

The cancellation of the US tour, Rosfest etc. couldn't have come at a worse time for the band after their rise after the Grand Tour album release and tour. I think BBT need a lot of TLC at present, and Dave leaving is a blow, but I really hope they can kick on by the end of the year. They are pure quality!

Yes they've worked hard to get a position of almost being noticed by non prog fans. It could be an opportunity to come up with a really stonking album that beats anything they've done to date.Smile
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2020 at 09:29
Don't forget the commas.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2020 at 21:43
There are no commas in their name. It's not spelled that way.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2020 at 03:47
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

There are no commas in their name. It's not spelled that way.

That post (and mine) referred to 2 spam posts about essay writing which appear to have been removed.
 Post Reply Post Reply