Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bo Hanson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rondominius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bo Hanson
    Posted: March 20 2020 at 06:13
I had an album by Bo Hanson in the early / mid 1970s. I thought its title was 7th Wave, mbut I cannot trace it. Does anybody else remember this record?
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 07:58
Originally posted by Rondominius Rondominius wrote:

I had an album by Bo Hanson in the early / mid 1970s. I thought its title was 7th Wave, mbut I cannot trace it. Does anybody else remember this record?

Hi,

Welcome.

7th Wave is a band on its own ... with 2 massive albums (Things to Come ... and Psi-Fi). both magnificent albums on their own. This was a sort of continuation of a previous band called Second Hand.

Bo Hansson is a Swedish Musician that did a few really nice albums, that did not go very far but he is fondly remembered. His albums were Music Inspired by Lord of the Rings, Magician's Hat, Attic Thoughts, Music Inspired by Watership Down, and an album that apparently was not released beyond Sweden ... something like Mitt ... something or other.

7th Wave started in their first album as a "wall of sound" and it would break into some very strong rock songs, and it was beautifully done, and their second album was a bit less bombastic, but it had some magnificent materials in it worth getting and listening to.

I have Bo's 4 albums, and they are all nice, despite what appears to be a tough time getting his albums around, but at least here in the West Coast (In Southern California mostly) he got some air play, mostly on night radio ... he was not "known" enough to get air play during the day ... but the music was inspired and "internal" (if I can say that) and it had some nice mods, which did not quite fit the beat/riff styles of almost all radio in Southern California at that time during the day. 

It was a time that allowed a lot of nice music to come through ... enjoy all 6 albums ... they are worth it!

Edited by moshkito - March 20 2020 at 13:20
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 09:21

Use Discogs to find the album.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 09:36
Big Bo Hansson fan here
When searching for albums of his remember that there indeed are two s’s in Hansson

Bo’s oevre can be a little confusing to an outsider because all of his albums first were released with a Swedish title...then with the success of Sagan Om Ringen, they all got English titles.
Seventh Wave doesn’t ring a bell other than the band (which is brilliant btw), but before venturing out on his own Bo was part of the dynamic duo Hansson & Karlsson. Rex and Monument are both highly recommended to fans of Bo
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 10:37
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Thanks. I like Bo Hanson a lot, but have only two of his albums. I´ll check this out.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 12:23
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Thanks. I like Bo Hanson a lot, but have only two of his albums. I´ll check this out.

Sorry, I see the Discogs link did not take.....here it is again to his page. Click an album release and you can also see all the different versions released, plus people might leave comments at the bottom.

Edited by Catcher10 - March 20 2020 at 12:25
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 12:37
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Big Bo Hansson fan here
When searching for albums of his remember that there indeed are two s’s in Hansson

Bo’s oevre can be a little confusing to an outsider because all of his albums first were released with a Swedish title...then with the success of Sagan Om Ringen, they all got English titles.
Seventh Wave doesn’t ring a bell other than the band (which is brilliant btw), but before venturing out on his own Bo was part of the dynamic duo Hansson & Karlsson. Rex and Monument are both highly recommended to fans of Bo

Sometimes people may confuse Bo Hansson with the funk, disco, soul artist Bohannon and the teen pop sibling act, The Hanson Bros. ;) Fans of Bo Hansson may also wish to check out Fläsket Brinner's second album.

I was looking through discogs and doing other searches to see if I could find anything, especially bootlegs, singles, promos, but also compilations or kinds of 70s sampler albums, that had been released as something similar in name to the 7th Wave, or Seventh Wave, but found nothing compelling. Due to Bo Hansson's Sagan om ringen, I thought the seven may refer to the seven rings for the dwarves in Tolkien's work, and the wave could refer to that wave Gandallf caused to get the Black Riders off their trail. Hansson's "The Black Riders-Flight to the Ford / Wandering Song" was a single released on 7" vinyl.
Coincidence? ;)
LAM-SGC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LAM-SGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 14:39
Be advised that in Sweden in the 70s there were two Bo Hanssons making music. The other one was in the folk band Skogsfiol och Flöjt, he wrote music and played guitar, and is 70 now.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 14:45
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Sometimes people may confuse Bo Hansson with the funk, disco, soul artist Bohannon and the teen pop sibling act, The Hanson Bros. ;) Fans of Bo Hansson may also wish to check out Fläsket Brinner's second album.
Not to mention Bo Jonsson, the well known dodgy journalist, after-dinner speaker and sometime sh*te Prime Minister. 
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
lostrom View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 05:27
Bo Hansson, the Swedish Mike Oldfield - great stuff!
lostrom
 Post Reply Post Reply