Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [13.33%]
10 [22.22%]
29 [64.44%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 13:29
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I'm looking forward to the Genesis/Yes/Monkees poll and seeing how that turns out, although I can guess who's going to win. Smile

The Monkees are going to win it bigly - not even close. Wink

Perhaps not... a joke can only be taken so far.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 13:29
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I like "chill", but I don't like coldness basically. I would like this to be a generally warm, tolerant, and welcoming site for all that are warm, welcoming, and tolerant.

I'll happily disagree and passionately debate with people if I have the time, patience and mostly the mind for it (I like it when people point out my errors, or flaws in logic, not in a really nit-picky way, as I like to learn from my mistakes),, but what is irritating to me is when people are talking at cross-purposes, talking past one another, or just being plain insulting. But I genuinely like and care about everyone I've communicated with at this forum, and am not the type to bear grudges.

By the way, there have been times when people have thought I was attacking them when my intentions were wholly different, and, dare I say, altruistic. I try to be balanced when dealing with things, but sometimes one goes off-kilter.
Sometimes one is walking a tightrope between expectations, and stumbling along the way. Sometimes I have thought someone was attacking me, then I saw it from a different perspective. Anyway, as is said, one can attack the ideas, but one should not attack the person. Avoid ad hominems. In some cases, some do take it too badly and overly personally when the ideas are being challenged. I don't like it when people criticise an idea and then don't expatiate on it even when asked for clarification. I think of those as hit-and-run drivers.

I sometimes get a little nervous when I post a topic and when I post at all, especially when I'm sharing something of a personal nature, baring my soul, or even just baring my buttocks. I mooned everyone with a poll of mine before: "Moon in June"; "The Moon is Down" and "Beautiful as the Moon, Terrible as an Army with Banners". Of course one should think about how others will react before posting and have some filters. When I started posting I only cared about the ideas and creativity and did not consider the person behind the posts. The quality and qualities of the post itself were all that mattered to me, and it took a while before I saw it as more than a sort of creative writing exercise.   I loved flamewars, and it being so impersonal to me, I was never burned myself, and all my burns/ insults were done in good fun. Same thing with my early role as a troll, and boy did I troll before I knew what a troll was. To me it was just creative writing, like writing a play. Now I do prefer that sense of community, caring and sharing, and all the fuzzy stuff which can be so nauseating to some. :)

I can't picture you as a troll, and I hope you don't go back to that. I don't think it's likely though. Yeah I can't think of time that I thought you were attacking me. I know you got somewhat annoyed when I first posted that dreaded Magma thread, but I didn't feel attacked by you as I obviously did by some of the other members. And I have to give you credit here, I thought that the second you saw this thread it would be moved to 'just for fun.' But you made the right call(as you seem to almost always do). So I underestimated you. You're not in the position you're in for no reason, clearly.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 13:31
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

I'm looking forward to the Genesis/Yes/Monkees poll and seeing how that turns out, although I can guess who's going to win. Smile

The Monkees are going to win it bigly - not even close. Wink

Perhaps not... a joke can only be taken so far.

Yes, that's what I thinking as well.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 13:31
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 13:37
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

That's how I feel about it as well. I'm completely fine with people voting for Yes or Genesis, or whatever way they choose to vote on any of these polls. But what I feared when I posted this was people attacking me for it. I've certainly been attacked before on here, and was braced for that this time but somewhat surprisingly it didn't happen. My man Dellinger posted that the tune was annoying and he was voting for Yes, and I have no problem with any of that. No where in his post was there any personal attack on me(and there never is with him as far as I can tell). And then the Pink Floyd facepalm lol. That was clever and in a spirit of fun was how I saw that. So you just never know. But again I agree with you, as long as it's not mean-spirited then I generally have no problem with anything anyone posts on here.
I always enjoy getting the Pink Floyd facepalm from Cristi for my bad jokes. I think I've been given it three times now. Smile
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 13:44

That's how I feel about it as well. I'm completely fine with people voting for Yes or Genesis, or whatever way they choose to vote on any of these polls. But what I feared when I posted this was people attacking me for it. I've certainly been attacked before on here, and was braced for that this time but somewhat surprisingly it didn't happen. My man Dellinger posted that the tune was annoying and he was voting for Yes, and I have no problem with any of that. No where in his post was there any personal attack on me(and there never is with him as far as I can tell). And then the Pink Floyd facepalm lol. That was clever and in a spirit of fun was how I saw that. So you just never know. But again I agree with you, as long as it's not mean-spirited then I generally have no problem with anything anyone posts on here.
I always enjoy getting the Pink Floyd facepalm from Cristi for my bad jokes. I think I've been given it three times now. Smile

Yeah.. you two have an interesting rapport on here for sure. I've thought to myself that the two of you should have a reality show where you're forced to live together for a month or something lol. I'd watch it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 13:53
^^ Yes, that would be an interesting experiment for sure, but at least our musical tastes are not that far apart. I'm not sure either of us could endure a whole month together though. Smile
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 14:03
lmao. It would be entertaining though I think, for the audience.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 14:13

lmao. It would be entertaining though I think, for the audience.
It sounds like a low budget version of Celebrity Wife Swap. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 14:24
This is how it can all go horribly wrong when you have a clash of personalities. The funniest line was from Alan Titchmarsh at the end when he said I wonder what John McCrirrick is going to do when he loses his looks. Smile

Bizarrely, the video came with an ad that was trying to tempt me into investing money in something called "fractional shares". Maybe I should buy shares in Andrex toilet tissue. Smile
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 14:40

This is how it can all go horribly wrong when you have a clash of personalities. The funniest line was from Alan Titchmarsh at the end when he said I wonder what John McCrirrick is going to do when he loses his looks. Smile

Bizarrely, the video came with an ad that was trying to tempt me into investing money in something called "fractional shares". Maybe I should buy shares in Andrex toilet tissue. Smile

Oh sh**. After watching that, that really was funny. That was awesome.

cemego View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 22:54
I'm holding out for the New Christy Minstrels or Kirby Stone Four to be honest.  Geek
listen to streaming stuff! no commercials!

http://wmom.servemp3.com:8000/listen.pls
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 01:38
Like a naughty child I voted for The Partridge Family ... hey if it wasn't for Chris (I think the young drummers name was in the show) At a very young and impressionable age I would never have been inspired by drummers and discovered Neil Peart when I got older.  Big smile

Edited by Enchant X - March 23 2020 at 04:54
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 06:55
Partridge Family. Why? Because Shirley Jones' family was from my neck of the woods and they own a brewery that produced my family's favorite beer growing up... Stoneys!  https://stoneysbeer.com/wp/story/
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2020 at 07:46
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

I Think I love You is a rather annoying tune, as Dellinger states. 

ELP should have done a version of that for Love Beach. 10+ minute epic ala Fanfare For The Common Man.

Edited by Jeffro - March 23 2020 at 07:51
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 13:33
Originally posted by wiz_d_kidd wiz_d_kidd wrote:

Partridge Family. Why? Because Shirley Jones' family was from my neck of the woods and they own a brewery that produced my family's favorite beer growing up... Stoneys!  https://stoneysbeer.com/wp/story/

She was a hottie when she was young, and in the show too.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 14:20
^ Really.....I always thought the hot one was Shirley Jones.

;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 15:16
Oh she was, but when you're twelve the hot one is Dey.

iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 15:38
This poll has been up here for several days now and I've held off casting my vote since this involves a very difficult decision. I'm swayed by my hero Steven Wilson who says pop music reigns supreme and no doubt his forthcoming album will have Partridge Family references, so I'm voting for the Partridge Family.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 05:17
Easiest poll ever.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>