Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockdown Blues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2020 at 18:06
Working hard from home, i work in primary care (healthcare) but on the analytic/data side rather than the clinical side. Still, i’m in daily touch with my coworkers who are doing some great things out there to get this thing under control.

I don’t have much more spare time than I used to have, but I’m thankful that I have a never-ending task-in-progress that predates the virus: cataloging my music collection. After 2 months, I’m almost done with my vinyl (~1700 so far) and then the CD Collection should keep me busy for the next few months.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2020 at 08:04
Working from home mostly, but will be going into work a little, as we have "essential university business", which if lost, would screw us completely...

Walking, running, catching up on some TV shows, speaking to people, even playing Trivial Pursuit by Skype!  Oh, and lots of sudoku....

My wife is working from home in a different room and has BBC News on almost permanently.  I have to say that would do my head in right now - I prefer to get my death tolls all in one go!  At lunchtime today, instead of watching the news, we watched (yet again) the first episode of Miranda on iPlayer with our teenage girls.  It still makes me laugh, and right now that's what we all need...

I recommend British comedy to you all (although I'm willing to watch Friends if it has to be something American!)
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2020 at 14:03
^I went out of my way to buy an all-region DVD player just so that I could get my hands on the entire run of Miranda on DVD. A U.S. release of this didn't exist at the time. Hilarious show!
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12